Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Mike Riva - an Art Director of note, passed away on June 3rd. My wife just found out and is in shock over it. She is also an art director, and had been dialoging with him for the last year about projects. Very sad. Mike Riva.

Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist and solo artist Bob Welch reportedly took his life today. http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/07/showbiz/bob-welch-dead/index.htmlI remember seeing him in concert (along with Dave Mason) at West Chester University in 1978. It was a very memorable concert. May he rest in peace.
I made a playlist this morning after hearing and have had it on all day...more of the great singer/songwriters of the 60's & 70's gone. RIP.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Ann Rutherford, an actress whose small role as Scarlett's younger sister Carreen in the 1939 film "Gone With the Wind" was her most enduring, has died. She was 94.

Rutherford, who also portrayed Mickey Rooney's teenage girlfriend in the Andy Hardy movies, died Monday evening at her home in Beverly Hills, said her close friend and fellow actress Anne Jeffreys. Rutherford had been in declining health with heart problems....

http://lat.ms/MoMcIr

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
Ann Rutherford, an actress whose small role as Scarlett's younger sister Carreen in the 1939 film "Gone With the Wind" was her most enduring, has died. She was 94.

Rutherford, who also portrayed Mickey Rooney's teenage girlfriend in the Andy Hardy movies, died Monday evening at her home in Beverly Hills, said her close friend and fellow actress Anne Jeffreys. Rutherford had been in declining health with heart problems....

http://lat.ms/MoMcIr

Goodness, does this make Olivia De Havilland the last surviving cast member?

rue

Goodness, does this make Olivia De Havilland the last surviving cast member?

From wikipedia:
As of 2012, there were four surviving credited cast members from the film. Alicia Rhett (born February 1, 1915), who played India Wilkes, is the oldest surviving cast member. Also surviving are Olivia de Havilland (born July 1, 1916), who played Melanie Wilkes; Mary Anderson (born April 3, 1920), who played Maybelle Meriweather; and Mickey Kuhn (born September 21, 1932), who played Beau Wilkes.

From wikipedia:
As of 2012, there were four surviving credited cast members from the film. Alicia Rhett (born February 1, 1915), who played India Wilkes, is the oldest surviving cast member. Also surviving are Olivia de Havilland (born July 1, 1916), who played Melanie Wilkes; Mary Anderson (born April 3, 1920), who played Maybelle Meriweather; and Mickey Kuhn (born September 21, 1932), who played Beau Wilkes.

A few years ago I sold a book on the making of Gone With the Wind to the late Fred Crane who played one of the Tarleton Twins. He owned a bed and breakfast outside of Atlanta.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Artist LeRoy Neiman, age 91.

21neiman2_337-popup.jpg

Old Rogue

Practically Family

That's an interesting article on his life. He's one of the few artists whose work I am familiar with. I hope it's true that he really wasn't bothered by the disdain of the critics. His work was wonderful, every bit as good as Monet (my favorite impressionist, although as I just said my knowledge of art is somewhat limited), and was loved by millions of us ordinary people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deuter