Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cufflinks and Shirt Studs.

Shane

New in Town
Jeep,

Those are fantastic. I had never considered links that were not identical on either side. I really like that look.

Cassylynn,

What a beautiful assortment. Can you tell me what the links on the right are? Is that tigerseye? I've got to find some for myself.

Shane

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
Shane said:
Cassylynn,

What a beautiful assortment. Can you tell me what the links on the right are? Is that tigerseye? I've got to find some for myself.

Shane

I don't think they are tigerseye because true tigerseye has black in it, I have not been able to find the stone that it represents. I think the ones on the left may be Zircon. I wish you much luck in your search and thank you & Jeep for your compliments :D

JEEP

Practically Family
Found this pair in the mail today:

Manchetknapper29.jpg

Probably modern, though they are quite well worn - sterling silver. Stamped "8605". These are some of the coolest links I have ever seen - my only complain is that they cannot be loaded and fired :p

/Jakob

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
A few recent purchases:

025-1.jpg

Victorian (?) for single-link cuffs

027.jpg

Aluminium, turquoise and celluloid 1920s

019-2.jpg

"Lion" brand snap links

003-4.jpg

Silver and rock crystal studs (coming soon to a classified section near you...)

JEEP

Practically Family
Anthony Jordan: These 20s aluminium, turquoise and celluloid links are really nice :)

Got another pair in the mail today:

Manchetknapper30.jpg

30s or 40s - amber and silvered brass. Stamped with a fish and "835". These are quite large, but still wery nice I think.

/Jakob

JEEP

Practically Family

Most of the cufflinks and tiebars I buy on QXL are won without a fight - it seams that there is almost no interest in such things in Denmark at the moment. Lucky for us.

I have just won a bunch of actions over vintage cufflinks and tiebars from the same seller, most of them in mint/near mint condition and in original boxes - only one of the auctions had other bidders. The lot should be in the mail sometime next week - I almost can't wait :)

Regards.

Jakob

JEEP

Practically Family
There ain't no stopping me :)

The mailman brought these today:

Manchetknapper31.jpg

Late 20s or 30s - silver. Stamped "413", "830S" and "E&M" (Eiler & Marløe). A beautiful pair, and - like the amber ones above - quite large.

/Jakob

Feraud

Bartender
JEEP said:
Found this pair in the mail today:

Manchetknapper29.jpg

Probably modern, though they are quite well worn - sterling silver. Stamped "8605". These are some of the coolest links I have ever seen - my only complain is that they cannot be loaded and fired :p

/Jakob
Now those are a pair of cool links! :eusa_clap

JEEP

Practically Family
And the cufflink-madness continues:

Manchetknapper32.jpg

60s or 70s maybe (any suggestions?). Amber and dark wood. No markings. These are quite large aswell. I am not sure what to think of them, but they sure are interesting.

/Jakob

JEEP

Practically Family
The mailman brought me some nice packages today :D

Manchetknapper43.jpg

20s or 30s - silver and mother-of-pearl. Marked "H.J835/S". It seems that these are completely unworn. The picture doesn't do them enough justice, they are truly beautiful.

Manchetknapper42.jpg

20s-40s - golddouble and mother-of-pearl/celluloid. No markings.

One of the packages contained a big lot of cufflinks and tiebars I bought from a fellow collector who was doing a cleanup of her collection:

Manchetknapper35.jpg

30s - sterling sliver. Marked "Sterling Siam". Must be pre 1939, the year Siam changed name to Thailand. A truly beautiful pair.

Manchetknapper34.jpg

40s or 50s - golddouble and glass. Box marked "Tivoli".

Manchetknapper33.jpg

40s og 40s - golddouble and mother-of-pearl. Box marked "Stratton England".

Manchetknapper36.jpg

Age unknown - silvered with glass. No markings.

Manchetknapper37.jpg

30s or 40s - sterling silver with pearls. Marked "Gentry Sterling Silver". A really nice pair.

Manchetknapper38.jpg

Age unknown - silverede with mother-of-pearl. No markings. Quite big ones.

Manchetknapper39.jpg

Age unknown - golddouble. Marked "Hadley Made in U.S.A."

JEEP

Practically Family
Continued:

Manchetknapper40.jpg

Age unknown - golddouble with glass. No markings.

Manchetknapper41.jpg

Age unknown - golddouble with glass. No markings. Looks like something Austin Powers might wear - Yeah baby!

Skjorteknapper01.jpg

20s or 30s - copper and mother-of-pearl/celluloid. No markings. Nice shirt-studs.

/Jakob

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
My favourite cuff links - made by the Royal crown jewellers in Thailand - 18K White Gold - with 3 carats of Burmese saphires
Cuffs1.jpg

th_Cuffs1.jpg

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Made in the Phillipines by a German Jeweller,forget his name in the 1990`s...18K with sapphre cabuchons...very heavy solid gold...bought at one of the international hotels...Mandarin or the other one in Makati

Cuffs2.jpg

Hope the pic appears this time, last time I got a link only

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld