Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cufflinks and Shirt Studs.

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
JEEP said:
I haven't posted any of my findings for a while, but now I have finally gotten hold of a camera with a better makro function than my old one, so here goes:

Manchetknapper11.jpg

Manchetknapper12.jpg

Manchetknapper13.jpg

These three are very nice - reminds me of vintage Georg Jensen. Any hallmarks?

JEEP said:

I paid D.Kr. 55, about $ 12 - at a Scandinavian auction site. No other bidders. I almost felt like a thief in the night :cool:

Jakob

Lauritz? B-R? ;)

JEEP

Practically Family
Lucky Strike said:
These three are very nice - reminds me of vintage Georg Jensen. Any hallmarks?

Lauritz? B-R? ;)

Thank you :)

No hallmarks on the first two, the third set is marked "Bernhard Hertz"

No, it is neither Lauritz nor Bruun-Rasmussen - I do not trust Laurtiz (too many obvious copies of expensive watches sold at prices low enough to make it impossible to belive that they are in good faith - and way too many modern reproduction fireams sold as antiques) - and I have no personal experience with Bruun Rasmussen.

Regards.

Jakob

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
JEEP said:
I have been looking for cufflinks with a maritime theme for a while, I think these covers the theme in a quite a cool and balanced manner

7Jakob

Have you tried buying small stainless steel shackles from the ship's chandler?

Like this:

Shackle3.jpg
DSC00393.jpg

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
JEEP said:
Thank you :)

No hallmarks on the first two, the third set is marked "Bernhard Hertz"

No, it is neither Lauritz nor Bruun-Rasmussen - I do not trust Laurtiz (too many obvious copies of expensive watches sold at prices low enough to make it impossible to belive that they are in good faith - and way too many modern reproduction fireams sold as antiques) - and I have no personal experience with Bruun Rasmussen.

Regards.

Jakob

Can't comment on Lauritz - I have only good things to say about B-R, though.

Peter Hertz was a very good Copenhagen goldsmith in the early 20th c. - he was a Court jeweller, along with Michelsen (and Georg Jensen). Bernhard Hertz must be a relative - good find!

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anthony Jordan said:
I picked these up recently - marked 12 carat back and front, H.G. & S. Not keepers, I've decided, although I do like the variation on the sunburst/rising sun design.
Nice, Anthony. I can't imagine not wanting to keep those.

I just won this; I paid more than I wanted, but I couldn't resist. It's my last one for awhile...really. Stamped made in England/Saks Fifth Avenue, I couldn't resist. Better pics when it arrives.

f0481dz4.jpg

JEEP

Practically Family
More links in the mail:

Manchetknapper19.jpg

Not sure about the age, probably modern - unsure about the materials, no markings

Manchetknapper20.jpg

Not sure about the age here either - maybe steel with gold, no markings

Manchetknapper21.jpg

20s or 30s - golddouble, no markings

Manchetknapper22.jpg

30s - gilt brass and enamel, marked "Gilt". Quite cute :)

/Jakob

JEEP

Practically Family
Got these yesterday:

Manchetknapper23.jpg

Age unknown (could be anywhere between 1920s and -60s) - gilt silver. No markings. The spheres are hollow and made from two hand-beaten halves.

/Jakob

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^I like the hammered balls, JEEP.

Here are some pics of my new stud box. As stated earlier, this one went a bit higher than I wanted, but I couldn't resist. It was made in England for Saks. I believe it's pigskin, and it has a suede interior. I'm very pleased with it.

p1012672as5.jpg

p1012675ni0.jpg

p1012680ie7.jpg

Group shot:
p1012683vy6.jpg

JEEP

Practically Family
These boxes are incredible cool AlanC :)

I got these links in the mail today:

Manchetknapper24.jpg

Hard to date, but 20s-50s is a good guess. Real amber and silver (or brass, it's hard to tell). No markings

I got this small lot aswelll:

Manchetknapper25.jpg

40s - silver. Stamped "930 SNJ"

Manchetknapper26.jpg

50s and onwards - silver. Stamped "925S HS"

Manchetknapper27.jpg

20s-40s - silver. Stamped "925S HS"

/Jakob

Shane

New in Town
My first cufflinks

These are my first cufflink purchases. Two MoP (or at least they look like MoP) snaps and another with a matching tie bar. Forgive me for the slightly fuzzy images.

100_0928.jpg

100_0930.jpg

I had the cufflinks before I had a French cuff shirt, so I remedied that problem today. My wife and I are having our birthday dinner Saturday, so I'll finally get a chance to show them off.

Cheers,

Shane

JEEP

Practically Family
Nice snaps Shane.

I got these in the mail a few days ago:

Manchetknapper28.jpg

Pre 1940 - probably 10s or 20s - silver or silvered, maybe with remains of gilding (I haven't dared to clean them yet - and I am not sure I am going to). Stamped "RJ" and "835". These are, in my opinion, extreamly beautiful - the picture doesn't do them justice at all. The cross-section of the front plate is asymetrical.

/Jakob

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
Thought Maybe you fellas might enjoy these....

I inherited my grandfathers collection of cufflinks, tie clips and shirt studs. Granted I'm a woman but I have a husband that was extremely grateful of the gift lol Here are a few pictures I've chosen the two that are my most favorite. I have no idea what they are made of but they certainly don't make them like this anymore..... (the pics are a little big....)

P5090001.jpg
P5090003.jpg
P5090004.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld