Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Comments/Advice on Slimfit Stuart Aero jacket order...

mrc

Familiar Face
I sat down with Carrie from Insurrection today for about two hours going over all of my options for a Slimfit Aero Stuart jacket. I have tried on the regular Stuart jacket at Insurrection and the fit was just too "full" and it looked like I was drowning in horsehide...:eusa_doh:

So, here's what we came up with. I've paid, but asked if I could have a week or so before she submitted the order. Any comments, questions, feedback, ideas, etc. would be greatly appreciated. I really want this jacket to be spectacular!

-Aero Stuart Jacket with Slimfit 1930s Halfbelt fit, Size 41, Black Heavy FQHH, but one of the thinner heavy FQHH hides
-Front longer than back, just like 1930s Halfbelt
-26" back length
-23" front zipper length
-25" front length, from front collar seam to front, bottom hem (however, front still longer than the back)
-26.5 sleeve length, top of shoulder to end of sleeve
-Tight black and white plaid Harris Tweed Lining
-2" leather facing on inside bottom hem
-Leather lined cuffs
-Five button front
-"V" shaped yoke, just like 1930s Slimfit Halfbelt
-Slanted chest pocket, like 1930s Slimfit Halfbelt
-No buttons on hand warmer pockets, but one button on upper left chest pocket
-Two M422a style, vertical inner pockets, located in the inside leather facing
-Collar with throat latch and button closure.

I arrived at Insurrection with a lot of information from both JanSolo's 1930s Halfbelt and Agustus18's Long Stuart. It was incredibly helpful to work with Carrie, trying on in-stock Halfbelts, both Aero and Vintage, to get the measurements right. I know specifications may change with the comments I receive, but I'd like to thank all in advance! :cheers1:

HighandDry

A-List Customer
I thought the Stuart has basically the same fit as the 1930's halfbelt.

Did you find the Stuart to be fuller then the slim halfbelt?

mrc

Familiar Face
I thought the Stuart has basically the same fit as the 1930's halfbelt.

Did you find the Stuart to be fuller then the slim halfbelt?

The Stuart is a whole different cut than the 1930s Slimfit Halfbelt. I'd say it's almost a size and a half larger. But, it's more than that. It's just a fuller cut. I don't think I could even wear a regular Stuart jacket. The cut is just too full. The Aero website says nothing about this, so I figure I did the right thing by marching myself down to Insurrection, trying on the jackets, getting the real scoop, and working with Carrie who was simply incredible to work with. If I hadn't have tried on both jackets, I probably would have just ordered a Stuart and been out a bunch of cash.

What do you think of the liner choice? Is it too fancy? I'm going for a 1920s utility jacket look...

My standard vintage black Stuart is trim cut like my '30s Halfbelts(if not trimmer). Front length is already longer than back...with button cuffs that are leather lined (as '30s HB). No buttons on handwarmer pockets..but button on chest pocket. Lapels fold over and button like throat latch. 5 button front. This is all standard on the Aero Stuart. It doesn't have back yoke. I added 2 G1 style pockets.
Custom measurements were 26 1/4 sleeve...26 1/2 body length. I'm 6' 2". Photos are on this forum.
HD

mrc

Familiar Face
My standard vintage black Stuart is trim cut like my '30s Halfbelts(if not trimmer). Front length is already longer than back...with button cuffs that are leather lined (as '30s HB). No buttons on handwarmer pockets..but button on chest pocket. Lapels fold over and button like throat latch. 5 button front. This is all standard on the Aero Stuart. It doesn't have back yoke. I added 2 G1 style pockets.
Custom measurements were 26 1/4 sleeve...26 1/2 body length. I'm 6' 2". Photos are on this forum.
HD

What's the thread URL?

HighandDry

A-List Customer
I think the liner will look nice, but do you have some pics?

Personally, I would do without the vertical inner pockets. I know a lot of guys like them, but I have found that they make the coat bunch up at the pocket borders.

Bet it turns out great!

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

Last edited:

mrc

Familiar Face
I think the liner will look nice, but do you have some pics?

Personally, I would do without the vertical inner pockets. I know a lot of guys like them, but I have found that they make the coat bunch up at the pocket borders.

Bet it turns out great!

Here's a photo of the plaid:

Harrisplaidlinerblackandwhite.jpg

Thanks for your advice on the inner pockets! I definitely don't want the jacket bunching. I want it as slim as possible. I guess I'll 86 the inner pockets from the jacket's specifications.

Last edited:

Faster

New in Town
This jacket is going to look spectacular in my opinion. There's nothing like being able to actually try this stuff on and pick what you want and how you want it with examples in house. I love both Langlitz and Insurrection for this very reason! Post up photos when you get the jacket. The liner is perfect. How many choices did Insurrection give you for the liner?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe