Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coldest Weather I've been in

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
winter is coming soon to Ontario!

ontario_police_college_1975.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Cooler today in N central Texas today with only a high of 86 F but back in the 90's tomorrow for the rest of the week. Definitely not jacket weather here yet. [huh]

thor

Call Me a Cab
Murmansk, Arkangel run? North Atlantic WWII? Where's the mittens for Sailor #1? Brilliant photo!

Worf
Very good Dave! You certainly know your history. A+! You da' man.

Those merchant seamen on North Atlantic convoy duty had it rough!

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Very good Dave! You certainly know your history. A+! You da' man.

Those merchant seamen on North Atlantic convoy duty had it rough!

Coming from you sir.... that is high praise indeed. Yes... WWII is a study of mine. Tough runs in the North Atlantic. Don't know who killed more, the weather or the U-Boats... Thanks for sharing the photo.

Worf

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Dumpster Diver said:
2nded!!!!!

Last winter in Ontario was an Icy one. BRRRR!

Had my Aero B-3 see me through the thick of it.
I think we're looking at another brutal winter coming up. That would make two in a row, without a nice warm summer in between to make it easier to take.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Here in Niagara temps have lately been breaking records for this time of year and we got a bit of snow the other day. Today, however, it's coming down at the rate of 1" every 30 minutes or so, although it seems to be slowing a bit as I type this.

Buffalo, as usual, is getting hammered with several feet of snow and at least 6 people have died from snow related stuff, including the fellow found dead in his car under 10' of snow. Here's a great image taken from a plane window while approaching Buffalo - that's one of those sights you don't really want to see!

image.png

Stand By

One Too Many
Yikes. It's that same misty cold that one only normally sees in a deep freezer!

It's -19C (with the wind-chill) here again in T.O. with snow this afternoon and it's still 33 days to the official start of Winter ! I got my steel-studded snow tires fitted on my mountain bike last night so I'm ready. Hopefully.

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Ahem.... One of my guys is stuck in Malone, NY the other in Dunkirk. The one in Dunkirk thinks he may be able to get out by Saturday as it's supposed to warm up on Friday..... Good Lord! Wore my Mackinaw today....

Worf

Stand By

One Too Many
I wore my ELC RW B-6 plus my Aero C-3 as a gilet over it on the pre-dawn dog walk. Should have worn the Irvin.
And the flannel-lined jeans.

But hey - looking on the bright side, at least I'm not being dined on by f-ing mosquitoes anymore -- This year's been a bad one for them. I'll take this.

Interbak

One of the Regulars
Too cold for the Aero D-1 last night, pulled out the B-9 parka with insulated bibs under that. Jackie the Jack Russel didn't seem to mind at all, she just had on her light jacket.

B

Last edited:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
D1 weather over here today which was most pleasing....need the opportunity to break it in :-D

pauleway

Practically Family
Buffalo, as usual, is getting hammered with several feet of snow and at least 6 people have died from snow related stuff, including the fellow found dead in his car under 10' of snow. Here's a great image taken from a plane window while approaching Buffalo - that's one of those sights you don't really want to see!

image.png
[/QUOTE]

I live in a southern suburb of Buffalo, and we got 6 feet of snow in about 18 hours!:eeek: I refer to it as living in the "Belly of the Beast!!:eusa_doh:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
If your heat works you can't complain. Last week when we hit below 0 Fahrenheit, my boiler would not light!

Hal

Practically Family
It's -19C (with the wind-chill) here again in T.O. with snow this afternoon and it's still 33 days to the official start of Winter!
I don't see how the Northern Hemisphere winter solstice - the shortest day - can be regarded as "the official start of winter" - how can winter "officially" start? In Europe, December is traditionally a winter month, with the beginning of Advent marking autumn's giving way to winter.

But, North Americans, please don't complain! On this side of the Atlantic we are told to expect a winter like the awful last one - very windy, very wet, flooding likely, with high temperatures of 5-10C. Many of us would prefer real cold!

The coldest weather I've been in was many years ago in Norway's Hallingdal - minus 25C. But as it was still and sunny it actually felt quite pleasant - it was only if you were so silly as to touch something metallic with a bare finger-tip that you realised how cold it was.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe