Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coker of Fort Worth???

Jack Smith

New in Town
OK, I received the hat

I thought I'd describe it in hand. The crown is fairly supple, but the brim is stiff as a board, like a cowboy hat. It doesn't quite fit and needs to be ovalized. I could either take it in to have that done, or maybe just steam it and put in a stretcher to get the right shape. It's also a funny colour. Almost flesh-tone. Anyone have experience with this colour?

There are no tags under the sweat that help I.D. the origin of the hat, so I guess it will remain a mystery.

I'm a bit disappointed, because I was thinking "fedora", not "cowboy hat", but I guess I should have known...Coker's of FORT WORTH, after all. :)

David

Jack Smith

New in Town
OK, I received the hat

I thought I'd describe it in hand. The crown is fairly supple, but the brim is stiff as a board, like a cowboy hat. It doesn't quite fit and needs to be ovalized. I could either take it in to have that done, or maybe just steam it and put in a stretcher to get the right shape. It's also a funny colour. Almost flesh-tone. Anyone have experience with this colour?

There are no tags under the sweat that help I.D. the origin of the hat, so I guess it will remain a mystery.

I'm a bit disappointed, because I was thinking "fedora", not "cowboy hat", but I guess I should have known...Coker's of FORT WORTH, after all. :)

David
Do you know when Coker's closed? I have a Coker hat that I bought from them in ~76.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rand S