Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

Line of the night:
Nucky: Doctor Narcisse, there's something I've been meaning to ask you, for quite some time. Who the ****, do you think you are?

Yeah, that was tops. I like that Nucky seems to have got his gangster back. But I fear Chalky is gonna be P*SSED when he finds out he and Dr Narcissist have a deal. Hopefully Nucky can take him out and get Chalky to understand he's trying to help him.
I think Dr. N. is going to kidnap Chalky's daughter now. Hold her so Chalky and his punching bag come out of hiding.

Hate to see this season end...

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Man, I was waiting for the show to put White and Harrow in some scenes together. Hopefully this episode won't be the last time these two cross paths. Has Jack Huston signed on for next season? I have a bad feeling he won't make it out of this one....

Jeffrey Wright is also turning in some stellar work as Dr. Narcisse. He was awesome as Muddy Waters in Cadillac Records and MLK Jr. in Boycott, and this season of BE is no exception. Much as I love Chalky, I kind of want to see Narcisse come out on top just to see how crazy s**t can get under his reign.

The producers are sure setting things up for next season. With all these subplots, I doubt 75% will be resolved by the season finale.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Chalky's daughter is so... vain and stupid... I almost feel she gets what she gets. The hit on Capone was organized by his boss who feels he's a threat to him and so he tried to whack him before he got whacked himself. Simple preemptive strike. Very good episode... I can't watch BE and Walking Dead back to back anymore... my heart can't take it!

Worf

Capone's boss sees him as stupid and a threat for sure. But we kinda know how this will play out don't we?
Yes, way too much to cover in the two remaining episodes...
We DVD Walking Dead and BE and watch them in that order. Waiting for Justified to come back in January.

Last edited:
The war was starting at the end of the episode. Love how Knox was brushed off by J Edgar. I think Capone has to worry as the guy's trying to kill him are the same as the ones who killed O'Bannon last week.
Tony episodes have been dark. Started last year. I don't know who is cinematographer but I noticed last year that the dark scenes have gotten darker.
Even with the set brighteness all the way up it doesn't help when they are shot so dark.

I was wondering if the darkness was just my TV but it is good to know that they filmed the damned thing too dark. :p

Chalky's daughter is so... vain and stupid... I almost feel she gets what she gets. The hit on Capone was organized by his boss who feels he's a threat to him and so he tried to whack him before he got whacked himself. Simple preemptive strike. Very good episode... I can't watch BE and Walking Dead back to back anymore... my heart can't take it!

Worf

I watch Walking Dead with a friend of mine and then go back and watch Boardwalk at 11. :p

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I watch Boardwalk Empire as it happens, and then watch Walking Dead on DVR right after. Or as my friend calls Sunday nights, "Boardwalking Dead". :)
Last night was certainly the night that both shows kicked it high gear!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I watch Boardwalk Empire as it happens, and then watch Walking Dead on DVR right after. Or as my friend calls Sunday nights, "Boardwalking Dead". :)
Last night was certainly the night that both shows kicked it high gear!

Agreed.... It was like a double punch of badness... Chalky shot, on the run, Narcisse insinuating and frustrating and Nucky boxed, front behind and sideways... Then another hour of unrelenting terror from hordes of shambling corpses... and if that wasn't bad enough in walks the effin' Guvnor! I can't take much more!

Worf

Feraud

Bartender
Yup. A daughter for Daughter. Maybe even a son gets mixed up in the deal.

Kinda plays into the gender role themes in the show. Who is truly valued? And for what reasons?

I expect Chalky's luck is going to run out. If he survives he may lose a child in this power struggle.

Man, I was waiting for the show to put White and Harrow in some scenes together. Hopefully this episode won't be the last time these two cross paths. Has Jack Huston signed on for next season? I have a bad feeling he won't make it out of this one....

Jeffrey Wright is also turning in some stellar work as Dr. Narcisse. He was awesome as Muddy Waters in Cadillac Records and MLK Jr. in Boycott, and this season of BE is no exception. Much as I love Chalky, I kind of want to see Narcisse come out on top just to see how crazy s**t can get under his reign.

The producers are sure setting things up for next season. With all these subplots, I doubt 75% will be resolved by the season finale.
Ageed on all points! It's been a great season. Much better than last.

Chalky's daughter is so... vain and stupid... I almost feel she gets what she gets.
Chalky's children were raised with money and are naive and inexperienced in the ways of the street. His daughter had a small taste of dad's life and seems to want more. She has a confused idea of wanting "more out of life" and may end up one of Narcisse's heroin junkies. Chalky takes Narcisse's woman, Narcisse takes Chalky's. A "daughter" for a daughter..

Will Eli please put an icepick in Knox's neck already. I'm sick of that rat faced weasel..

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Did I mention I'd be equally satisfied for Knox to be "baptized" by Van Alden..;)

Remind me Dear Sir NOT to get on your bad side! You're practically a bloodthristy barbarian!

Worf

PS I agree with your distate for Agent Knox BUT there's a bunch more people I'd like dead before him!

Feraud

Bartender
haha, nah I'm a peace loving person. :hippie: Violence only begets more violence.
However I do enjoy the wilder characters as portrayed in fiction. ;)

Who do you think deserves the big send-of before Knox?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
haha, nah I'm a peace loving person. :hippie: Violence only begets more violence.
However I do enjoy the wilder characters as portrayed in fiction. ;)

Who do you think deserves the big send-of before Knox?

Well in "Order of Annoyance"

1. Dr. Narcisse (may the Lord Smite him with a Garbage Truck)
2. Mickey Doyle (NEVER has something so annoying advanced a plot soooo little)
3. Chalky's wothless daughter... (Wise Up or stay home)
4. George Meuller but I think agent Van Alden's alredy killed him.
5. Agent Knox... You're riight... he is a weasel!

Worf

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jeez, I hope they don't kill off Chalky or Richard. In the age of "no one is safe" television anything is possible. But there will be a lot of pissed off fans.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Jeez, I hope they don't kill off Chalky or Richard. In the age of "no one is safe" television anything is possible. But there will be a lot of pissed off fans.
Especially me. I have begun watching again, against my better judgment, and those are the two best characters.

Blackjack

One Too Many
I'm going to go out on a limb here but, my guess is Narcisse is going to make Chalky's daughter his new "Daughter" what could be worse for Chalky? That and with Hoover giving Knox the brush off I'm guessing he's going to flip to the dark side and become a criminal himself not that he isn't almost one now, but he won't have a badge. THEN he will get a gruesome and well deserved death...:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82