Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BK Surrogates/Californian jacket

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Gentlemen, stay tune for the fit pics tomorrow!

That's superb...I've ordered a dodger in the same hide....can you please tell how long the wait time was? I've heard a few great reports on these guys, but I've also heard some horror stories re wait times....I've been quoted up to 8 weeks, which is totally fine, just hoping I'm not still sniffing around this time next year asking silly questions...

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
That's superb...I've ordered a dodger in the same hide....can you please tell how long the wait time was? I've heard a few great reports on these guys, but I've also heard some horror stories re wait times....I've been quoted up to 8 weeks, which is totally fine, just hoping I'm not still sniffing around this time next year asking silly questions...

I ordered in June and I was told I would get it in 4 months so I have to wait an extra 1,5 month but it was worth the wait.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I ordered in June and I was told I would get it in 4 months so I have to wait an extra 1,5 month but it was worth the wait.

Cool, summer, is just starting here, so it won't be needed until late March, however, it is welcome much earlier!;)

bretron

Call Me a Cab
You got one coming too Bret? Awesome, did you get on the special?

Getting an Aeronaut A1... Hopefully by the end of the month. Which means by the time Xmas is here it won't fit me given my recent eating habits :D

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Speed how many versions of this jacket have you owned now? Is it just the Nowak and this or was there another one? Anyway, that is a f'in lovely jacket. Can I ask how much it weighs? I'd like one in a light horse or goat.

Interestingly, Vanson make one of these too but only through Logan's Closet, a company that reproduces jackets from movies. I'd love Vanson to do this one and make it widely available.

I've never quite understood why the great half-belt pattern is only available through boutique sources. Ideally Vanson, US Wings & Schott should offer one for $600.

Last edited:

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Hello, as promised here some fit pics

IMG_5801.jpg

IMG_5802.jpg

IMG_5803.jpg

@Seb Lucas : I just have the TN version, it is my lightest HH, the jacket weights 1,560 kg

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
I work on the photos to correct the colors and the lens so it can show the true color of the jacket and no distortion.

Azog

Familiar Face
It does look really good!
I've got an extra interest in this leather as I've ordered a Dodger in seal liberty with bill kelso's recent offer. In the outdoor pics it seems to have a more reddish tone to it than indoors. It that how you perceive it in person with different lighting?

Last edited:

schitzo

Suspended
It looks as though it probably fits exactly as you'd want it to, you must be delighted. And from what you've said it sounds like the weight of that leather is perfect for a jacket like this , I really can't wait for mine to land

Yep, great fit. Cool t-shirt, too. HD I think one sleeve's just flattened a bit like that.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The overall appearance and fit looks very good to me also and is the type of jacket you will pull out of the closet without thinking "which one will I wear?" for use on the fly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe