Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BK Surrogates/Californian jacket

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Thanks gents for your compliments.

The Liberty horsehide is a mid weight leather.

At the moment in France during the afternoon it's around 15°C and it's perfect to wear the jacket.

Over 20°C I don't know if I'll keep wearing this jacket, wear something lighter or switch for my Shackleton vest.

Go on their Facebook page and search for their Californian / Surrogates jacket you will find some photos.

Hi there,
I have a dodger on order with BK. Can you please tell me if the front and back length are the same or does it dip at the back? Just nailing my final measurements down.
Cheers!

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Although it has been said before, I really like the way the liner and the shell compliment each other. You did well.

Thanks peacoat.

When I saw this tartan, I knew I needed to have it on my jacket.

It was a £50 surplus but worth it.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Hi there,
I have a dodger on order with BK. Can you please tell me if the front and back length are the same or does it dip at the back? Just nailing my final measurements down.
Cheers!

I'm awaiting my Dodger. It is currently posted on the BK facebook page. You can check out the pics. Not sure they will help answer your question. Mine has been shipped but I don't have a deliver date. I can let you know when it arrives.

Terry

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I'm awaiting my Dodger. It is currently posted on the BK facebook page. You can check out the pics. Not sure they will help answer your question. Mine has been shipped but I don't have a deliver date. I can let you know when it arrives.

Terry

Thanks Terry,
That would be great!

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab

Terry

Gday Terry,
Has the Dodger arrived yet? I just got an email from BK with front measurements. It's awfully short.. 23.5" for a size 48! 25.5" covers my belt by literally a couple of mm...not sure what to think. Might have to get my belly button peirced to take the focus off my ridiculously short jacket?

the front measurement is probably down the main zip.
23.5" sounds about right if it ends about 1.5" from the bottom. :)

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Gday Terry,
Has the Dodger arrived yet? I just got an email from BK with front measurements. It's awfully short.. 23.5" for a size 48! 25.5" covers my belt by literally a couple of mm...not sure what to think. Might have to get my belly button peirced to take the focus off my ridiculously short jacket?

Hey bud, The Dodger came today. I'll have the number pics up in a minute.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
DSC01714%u00252B-%u00252BCopy.JPG
DSC01715%u00252B-%u00252BCopy.JPG
DSC01716.JPG
DSC01717.JPG

I'm a 44, these numbers work for me on this jacket. When I get a chance I'll post a thread. It is a keeper.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
There is nothing custom about those numbers. I told Andy I had the 44 Duke for fit and that was it.

Thats a great jacket. Is it seal? I'm trying to figure how he measures the front? It must be zipper length, the 23.5" shocked me, but it can't be bad if it's a standard? It looks very nice. Apparently they have run out of seal, which is what I ordered, so I'm u sure of the time line now. Yours look superb, and has got me excited all over again.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I'm six two an 23.5 inches is longish for the front of a jacket. My "longer" short jackets are about that and about 27 at the back. They go 3 inches over my beltline which to some is overly long.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I'm six two an 23.5 inches is longish for the front of a jacket. My "longer" short jackets are about that and about 27 at the back. They go 3 inches over my beltline which to some is overly long.
That's interesting. I guess it's how you measure the front? Do you just measure the zip? I had so many measurements bouncing around my head after my Langlitz order. The way that measured was 25.5 to cover my belt. I'm guessing theres different ways to measure, as at 23.5 the way I had done it it would be higher than my belt altogether.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I can only think of one way to measure the front. Like the above photo. From the top (where the collar seam meets the front panel) to the end of the hem down below. The zip is incidental since in some patterns it may not go all the way down.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I can only think of one way to measure the front. Like the above photo. From the top (where the collar seam meets the front panel) to the end of the hem down below. The zip is incidental since in some patterns it may not go all the way down.

Good point. I'm a touch over 6ft, so I think I will just run with the standard 48. Lots of extra charges start popping up all over the shop with these guys once you tinker with the standard sizing. The other measuremnts look pretty good. I was just concerned about the front as I've had 2 ebay jobs come in shorter than I like, just that heartbreaking inch that makes all the difference...I'm also curious now about possibly upgrading to the Badalassi cow. I've heard very good things about it, and it seems to have a very nice depth to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe