Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
It depends. Mainly on size and condition. Also, if you have the original case. But it is a highly desired hat. Would be worth the time and effort to ebay it or put it in the classifieds here. Don't yard sale it!

B

+1

Let me second that......DO NOT yard sale it

fedoracentric

Banned
Size matters, ladies... gents... er, who ever.

If it is a size 6-7/8 you'll be lucky to get that original $100 (or it could go for as much a $150). On the other hand, if it is a 7-7/8 it'll easily bring $350 or more (likely $500, my guess).

Condition also matters. Is it stained, is the sweatband secure, liner there or missing?

Is it in the original box or original hard sided trunk? That matters, too.

Also, if it is a western version (as opposed to the Open Road-style model) it'll likely go for less.

In other words, you can't just say, "I have a Stetson 100, what is it worth?" without answering a dozen important questions.

John Galt

Vendor
Brush thoroughly, spray bottle with distilled water, spray liberally, shape to taste, set with steam from boiling pot of distilled water, dry while wearing...

+1. Make sure you wet universally to avoid water stains, shape when it's dried a little bit for best "clay-like" quality & wear until fully dry. It will look good & conform well.

John Galt

Vendor
My friend gave me a vintage Stetson one hundred to put in my yard sale. I figured to post it on the lounge classifieds, but I'm not sure what a fair price for it would be. Can anyone help? I have pictures but haven't figured out how to post them yet.

Good comments thus far. These hats are pretty rare, but size. & condition & case matter a lot. No one wants a Stetson 100 with a bunch of through & through moth bites in the crown, and few wear very small sizes. I personally don't care if it's a western. If the felt is sound & of good quality, all things are possible.

John Galt

Vendor
Thanks, gents! [...] I fear I am still paralyzed by indecision, but hopefully I'll nail it down soon.

If you buy a good quality western hat (you want a high crown) in the right color, and pay for shipping and materials (ribbon, sweatband as needed) I'd be happy to do what I did for TJ at no labor cost. I'm only going to offer such deals to loungers a few more times, so don't stay paralyzed for too long :)

I'd suggest a Resistol "30" or a Stagecoach in your size, or one size smaller. You will get more hat for your money if you start with a really good hat body, and if it fits, you'll save on a sweatband because I can pop it out & put it back in after re-blocking. Also, a good vintage western will have much less taper and end up looking more like the original - might not even need to be re-blocked, depending.

Majicpwr

New in Town
Good comments thus far. These hats are pretty rare, but size. & condition & case matter a lot. No one wants a Stetson 100 with a bunch of through & through moth bites in the crown, and few wear very small sizes. I personally don't care if it's a western. If the felt is sound & of good quality, all things are possible.

It's in the original case (I think). Just a red Stetson hat box. The hats in great shape. No holes or moth bites. It's a size 7 1/4. Clean and looks like it's never been worn.

Majicpwr

New in Town
Size matters, ladies... gents... er, who ever.

If it is a size 6-7/8 you'll be lucky to get that original $100 (or it could go for as much a $150). On the other hand, if it is a 7-7/8 it'll easily bring $350 or more (likely $500, my guess).

Condition also matters. Is it stained, is the sweatband secure, liner there or missing?

Is it in the original box or original hard sided trunk? That matters, too.

Also, if it is a western version (as opposed to the Open Road-style model) it'll likely go for less.

In other words, you can't just say, "I have a Stetson 100, what is it worth?" without answering a dozen important questions.

I understand. It's a 7 1/4, great condition, looks like it's not been worn. Box is original (I think). Red Stetson hat box. It's a little rough, but hat is not. As for style....I'm not sure. If you can help guide me as to how to post a pic on here, I can post a few.

Majicpwr

New in Town
yhyzu5ub.jpg
yzy4asur.jpg
eda9y3aq.jpg

Thanks Justin for helping with the pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82