Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

Bebop

Practically Family
I just received my Stylemaster and it is definitely perfect for my face shape. As I have said before, The Good and I have the same face shape and I'm pretty sure he will like the dimensions. I also have a Stetson Roadster on the way and it should be just as good. Not too tall a crown with a 2.5 or so brim.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Remember that news out of Akubra a while back about those new beaver hats, the Saddle Bronc (and some other model)?
I found it here, but the price seems awfully low...Seems suspicious to me, as this appears to be the only place on the net where one can currently purchase the hat.

Last edited:

theinterchange

One Too Many
Something seems hinkey about that price to me, too Neophyte. I still like the look of the hat, though.

I'm very cautious, anything over a hundred dollars is quite a lot of money for me. So yeah, you could say that. I try to go for anything I see myself actually wearing. The thing is though, I feel that I wear hats often enough to justify the variety. ;)

I know what you mean. I usually take my time with $100+ purchases, also. And I also know what you mean about variety!

Randy

Last edited:

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Myself I'd take the RoughRider (horsehair band :) ) or the Outback Club ( thin ribbon & eyelets :) ) . Not a big fan of bound brim western hats :) As for price ring 'em up and see. If they are for real ORDER it before they go up !! :)

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Remember that news out of Akubra a while back about those new beaver hats, the Saddle Bronc (and some other model)?
I found it here, but the price seems awfully low...Seems suspicious to me, as this appears to be the only place on the net where one can currently purchase the hat.

I just checked on the Akubra site and NO MENTION is made that those models are ALL BEAVER ? In fact the copy for the Western hats mentions that they are ALL made of rabbit fur. Where did you find that these models were made of beaver?

Neophyte

Yeah, the thread was called "Akubra adding new beaver hats" or something like that. I guess that could've just been slapped into the Overload [huh].
I don't remember the details, but even at 25%-50% beaver, that price is still incredible (or incredibly dubious lol).

In comparison, this beaver blend (if that is the case) costs the same or less than the average hat in Akubra's Heritage line...that doesn't sound right to me, but who knows.

Neophyte

Like I said, make your pick, and get your order off before they change the prices !! If they ARE beaver, those are too good to pass up !! :)

Yeah, but I don't like them :p. They look kinda wierd to me with the bound brim and all. I just like the Tanbark Brown color, and that color isn't exclusive to these hats.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I agree. TOO Holywood looking. Or really more of a Buckaroo style like you see up in the Pacific Northwest and Montana. I still go to the Stock Show in Ft. Worth every winter and have seen bound brims on cowboys from up there over the past few years. And they are the folks that started the return to the Gus or Montana peak crowns. :)

Neophyte

You bet ! I think that I saw that they are 30% beaver, and Akubra is calling them 30x. That might be on the Akubra site.

While that is true, the 30X is part of the name "Pro 30X", which is the other of the two models, and the one confirmed on Akubra's news page to be 30% beaver (by the way, bravo on recalling that!). Whether or not both contain the same amount...well, who knows?

That said, I would much rather have the Pro 30x than the Bronc...no luck finding it online, though :(.

Last edited:

The Good

Call Me a Cab
You bet ! I think that I saw that they are 30% beaver, and Akubra is calling them 30x. That might be on the Akubra site.

+++++ It is. Here's your link :

http://akubra.com.au/news/?p=794#top

I think I said it in the last thread, but the only one that I would consider buying, is the bottom one without the bound edge. I would only consider the other two if I was involved in a rodeo. They look flashy. The bottom one looks traditional though.

Neophyte

I think I said it in the last thread, but the only one that I would consider buying, is the bottom one without the bound edge. I would only consider the other two if I was involved in a rodeo. They look flashy. The bottom one looks traditional though.

I feel the same way; the Pro 30X is the best of the bunch!

kyboots

Practically Family
I have to agree what has been said about the Stylemasters. I just received two of them: Acorn and the Moonstone ( Oh! Heck light Grey ) and I love them; very versatile. I wore the acorn to a football game in Pittsburgh last week,looked right at home. JB: the hat would look good on you esp. the brown. Now I need a Campdraft/vs OpenRoad and I am set. John

Last edited:

kenmcneill

Familiar Face

+++++ It is. Here's your link :

http://akubra.com.au/news/?p=794#top

The headline on Akubra's article is a little misleading. If you disregard the headline, it appears that the Saddle Bronc is simply a new style to the existing line, while the Pro 30X is the first of the new beaver blend line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe