Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I put just a little curl in my Coober Pedy last night. Fun stuff. I'll put a little more in there when I get a chance.
2c881fa4.jpg

Before:
5ddaf200.jpg

I think adding a "western" curl to the brim improves a good hat IMMENSLY :) Keep going :)

Bebop

Practically Family
It seems that putting a curl on the brim makes a hat look less like an umbrella and gives it a little character. (I seems to make the wearer smile more too!)

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I like both looks. The before is more of a work hat, but the after is more on the order of a "vacation hat". I'm not hard over on the vacation description, but well... I like the back of my hats to curl down on my outdoors / bad weather hats. It also allows you to wear the hat in the car easier.

later

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I must say, that's an awfully strange "crease" that Open Road has... it looks like it's been pushed in towards the middle... Can't help but want to see someone do a teardrop or center crease on that thing. Is this an exhibit though, or does someone actually own the hat?

P.S. Rodkins, that's a great brim curl, and I like it better than the brim down all around.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks guys. I'm really having fun with this if you can't tell.

Indeed we can, if that subtle grin is any indication :D!

Speaking of which, so am I :)! This is about the best smile I can manage without pulling something [huh]. I worked the curl a little more on one side than the other, because a little asymmetry goes a long way. It's a good thing I was wearing it, too, because it was hailing today lol!

DailyHat3-1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe