Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
My wife and i attended a wedding in Maine this weekend, and I used the occasion to have my picture taken in my first Federation, bought from a Lounger (he had a wider ribbon added and got the brim bound, all of which suits me fine), for the first time.

Here's the pic:

meandmiester2.jpg

skyvue said:
My wife and i attended a wedding in Maine this weekend, and I used the occasion to have my picture taken in my first Federation, bought from a Lounger (he had a wider ribbon added and got the brim bound, all of which suits me fine), for the first time.

Here's the pic:

meandmiester2.jpg

Both of you, excellent attire!!! that hat looks fantastic on you with that suit, and your wife just fits you perfectly!

kenmcneill

Familiar Face
Campdraft in silverbelly. Very pleased with this one, my third Akubra. Felt is lighter and smoother to the touch than either my Angler or Coober Pedy. With the weight and light color, this should make a great fishing hat.

Still working on the bash. Currently a loose diamond. I want to keep it with sort of a hand-bashed look.

A lot more crown than anything I've had before. It took me a while to find a height that didn't look huge to my eye. ;)

kmac_campdraft1.jpg
kmac_campdraft2.jpg

kmac_campdraft3.jpg
kmac_campdraft4.jpg

Ken
bbcool2.gif

theinterchange

One Too Many
kenmcneill said:
Campdraft in silverbelly. Very pleased with this one, my third Akubra. Felt is lighter and smoother to the touch than either my Angler or Coober Pedy. With the weight and light color, this should make a great fishing hat.

Still working on the bash. Currently a loose diamond. I want to keep it with sort of a hand-bashed look.

A lot more crown than anything I've had before. It took me a while to find a height that didn't look huge to my eye. ;)

kmac_campdraft1.jpg
kmac_campdraft2.jpg

kmac_campdraft3.jpg
kmac_campdraft4.jpg

Ken
bbcool2.gif

I owned a Campdraft, I couldn't get used to the crown height, which for some reason, on the sliverbellies look MUCH taller than they are.

I think it suits you quite well. The color compliments your skin tones, and you look at home in 'er already, And yeah, they are very lightweight hats!

[Gosh, I may be talking myself into another one... in bluegrass green! :eek: lol ]

Randy

P.S If I may ask, are those kites behind you?

Jim2903

One of the Regulars
kenmcneill said:

Ken

Very nice! That's just provoking me to make good on my threat to buy one lol

kenmcneill

Familiar Face
theinterchange said:
...If I may ask, are those kites behind you?

Yes they are, that's my day job. That is, when I'm not goofing off ordering hats or taking pictures of my new treasures. ;)

Thanks Randy, and everybody else for the kind words! Randy, I almost went for the bluegrass green, but it looks like they're out of stock in my size. Go for it!

Ken
bbcool2.gif

theinterchange

One Too Many
kenmcneill said:
Yes they are, that's my day job. That is, when I'm not goofing off ordering hats or taking pictures of my new treasures. ;)

Thanks Randy, and everybody else for the kind words! Randy, I almost went for the bluegrass green, but it looks like they're out of stock in my size. Go for it!

Ken
bbcool2.gif

That's really cool. I might add that you're in a BEAUTIFUL part of the country, too!

I'm considering it if I don't win a hat I'm eyeing on eBay at the moment.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
kenmcneill said:

kmac_campdraft1.jpg
kmac_campdraft2.jpg

kmac_campdraft3.jpg
kmac_campdraft4.jpg

Ken
bbcool2.gif

I like that very much! That's the best looking hat I've seen on you, and it's not just because I'm biased.:rolleyes: Height looks perfect to me.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Jim2903 said:
I just pulled the trigger on a carbon grey Stylemaster ... and still thinking about a Campdraft in silverbelly.

I just noticed this when someone else quoted it. Congrats! I've been tempted by the Stylemaster before, nice looking hats!

The Campdrafts are NICE hats. It may be in my mind, but they seem to have an extra little touch of attention put to their finish, they're extremely soft! I'm currently tempted by two colors of them... bluegrass green and mid brown.

Randy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe