Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Gromulus

Practically Family
That's a great collection of hats! I too am interested in the Rink and the Bushman.
I like the Tawny Fawn FedIV a LOT more than the Dark Brown, but you've already got several fawn hats. Hope all goes well with your future purchases!

...That reminds me, I still need to get a Silverbelly CD.

Thanks Neo.

I like the fawn color as well but as you point out, the dark brown represents a void in my collection. You do need to get a Silverbelly CD as well. The BG model looks good on you and the Silverbelly would present even more ensemble options for wear.

I knew I would like my Banjos and Stylemasters before I got them but the Camp Draft surprised me. I intially thought it would look too big and straight but I find it to be a very versatile lid. My Taupe Fawn CD gets lots of wear as of late!

Last edited:

T Rick

Practically Family
Thanks! I need to get around to getting one of those, one of these days... (so many hats, so little time/money/space, etc.).

Mikey P

One of the Regulars
I just ordered my size 60 Bluegrass Green CD from EA yesterday, and got a note that it shipped today. I can't wait!!! After I found out they were back in stock, I'm not missing one this time!

:cool:

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I've sprayed down My BG Camp Draft and creased it and let it dry and Only took it off yesterday at a Church meeting I like this hat.
BGCDfronton.jpg

What do you think of the Crown Height?
BGCDsideon.jpg

I did a C and V on the Crown
BGCDtop.jpg

and now a front and side view
BGCDfront.jpg

bgcdside.jpg

My wife says she does not understand my obsession with hats. Not that it wrong just doesn't understand it.

Jeff

Crazy Legs

Familiar Face
My Silver Belly Camp Draft came in today. I will try my hand tonight for the first time in a bash and crown style. I hope mine comes out as nice as yours did Jeff. I am going to do my best to make it the same way you did.

Gromulus

Practically Family
Very nice. These photos of the Bluegrass-Green model are great and really whet my appetite.. My BGCD is due the end of next week sometime. I will bash it the same way (teardrop) I did my Silverbelly and Taupe Fawn.

Jim2903

One of the Regulars
I've sprayed down My BG Camp Draft and creased it and let it dry and Only took it off yesterday at a Church meeting I like this hat.
BGCDfronton.jpg

What do you think of the Crown Height?
BGCDsideon.jpg

I did a C and V on the Crown
BGCDtop.jpg

and now a front and side view
BGCDfront.jpg

bgcdside.jpg

My wife says she does not understand my obsession with hats. Not that it wrong just doesn't understand it.

Jeff

NICE! Gotta get to work on my silverbelly that arrived earlier this week ...

Brando11

A-List Customer
Wow! That looks great- I particularly like the crease job you did.
How would you describe the stiffness of the felt? I was talking with someone at Hatco today about the Stetson Nostalgia, a hat I'm interested in along with the Campdraft, but they're not huge fans of it because they believe it's a bit too pliable.
Thx-

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow! That looks great- I particularly like the crease job you did.
How would you describe the stiffness of the felt? I was talking with someone at Hatco today about the Stetson Nostalgia, a hat I'm interested in along with the Campdraft, but they're not huge fans of it because they believe it's a bit too pliable.
Thx-

Like a vintage Stetson Open Road, I would choose it because it's pliable, rather than stiff. There's usefulness in that.

marshack

New in Town
Any comments from any extra long oval heads out there as to how a camp draft handles being stretched into a extra long oval shape? Does the front and back of the brim start bending down too much? Is there a fix for that?

frussell

One Too Many
I go one size up, since Akubras have a tendency to "snug down." If you are a 7 3/4, go size 63, wear the felt strips in front and back, or put it on a stretcher at night. I'm an extra long oval, and my Campdrafts have all adjusted well, same with the Fed IVs I've had. The extra size should make up for the brim warp that comes with being long oval. Frank.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe