Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Duper, The CD silver belly is a whole different color than the Stetson. Side by side it has a much browner hue. As for size they are a generous cut but snug up nicely with some wear and a couple gentle rains.
Tom D.

RBH

Bartender
St.Ignatz said:
Duper, The CD silver belly is a whole different color than the Stetson. Side by side it has a much browner hue. As for size they are a generous cut but snug up nicely with some wear and a couple gentle rains.
Tom D.
There is just someting about a silverbelly hat. [even the different colors of silverbelly]
I have the mid brown and tawny, I love the tawny.

Dundee

A-List Customer
Duper said:
Well I think it is time to place an order for a Campdraft. To the folks out there that have the bluegrass green colour (gtdean48, Dundee, possibly others), are you still enjoying them and is the bluegrass get much noggin time?

I am enjoying the Bluegrass green Camp Draft. I think you will enjoy the color.

Duper

Practically Family
Thanks for the reply on the Campdraft colours and sizing fellas. I have placed my order with Sam at EA for a Bluegrass green. Now I will sit back and listen for the pleasant sound of the dog barking at the mailman when he arrives at my door in about 10 days.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Silverbelly!

I keep forgetting to post this here! :eusa_doh:

DSC_4325-1-Edit.jpg

I'll get some better pics tomorrow, and most likely the useful one, a head shot.

Randy

theinterchange

One Too Many
Thanks RBH!

Offhand, I'd say it's 2 3/4", I had it sitting beside my Squatter which is 3" and it appeared to be a tad narrower. I'll get an accurate measurement tomorrow when I take more/better photos.

Randy

theinterchange

One Too Many
PARTIALLY as promised.

Quite by accident, I waited a bit too late to take photos of the Campdraft in sunlight.

DSC_4609.jpg

There are two things that need work still, I like a tighter pinch in front, and the brim needs more swoop on the left side.
DSC_4610.jpg

RBH, the brim is 2 3/4" as I thought.

I took a few of the hat on my head, but they didn't turn out quite right, I'll try again.

Randy

theinterchange

One Too Many
Thank you RBH! I actually prefer my front pinches a bit tighter than that one, but it's still really nice.

I actually had a time getting the bash on center. I started it like I do all my hats, open crowned on my head then line up the center dent, put in a general pinch, then take it off and work things out. But this one wanted to go lopsided. 3-4 bash attempts later, it finally fell into place.

Randy

marineabilly

A-List Customer
shoelessjoe said:
Well, after the obligatory three-plus month wait, my Akubra (silverbelly) arrived last week and having perused the many, many threads/pics concerning bashes, creases, etc., I have finally decided upon a fedora-styled Campdraft.

Now, two questions ... in your opinion(s), which is more becoming on a Campdraft, a diamond or tear-drop crease and secondly, who/where would you send your hat to for shaping?

Thanks ....

Does it REALLY take three whole months to recieve a hat from Hats Direct.com???:eusa_doh:

theinterchange

One Too Many
marineabilly said:
So what would be the average delivery time for a hat from Hatsdirect?

With the standard [cheapest] shipping, I generally receive my hats in 7-9 Days. The one time I opted for the EMS [expensive!!] shipping, it came in about 4 days. Granted, all the hats I've ordered were in stock, I can't answer for an out of stock hat, which could even be on it's way to them when you order. THOUGH, I did look into special ordering a Mid Brown Campdraft and they quoted the same wait time as EA's custom orders.

Randy

marineabilly

A-List Customer
theinterchange said:
With the standard [cheapest] shipping, I generally receive my hats in 7-9 Days. The one time I opted for the EMS [expensive!!] shipping, it came in about 4 days.

Randy

Nice!! I like the way that sounds.:eusa_clap Three months is wayyy to long - especially when I'll be deploying soon. I need time to bash and enjoy it.

Any other experiences?

carldelo

One Too Many
marineabilly said:
Nice!! I like the way that sounds.:eusa_clap Three months is wayyy to long - especially when I'll be deploying soon. I need time to bash and enjoy it.

Any other experiences?

I think you're mixing up fabrication time with delivery time. If they have to ask Akubra to make a hat for you - they have a 3-month lead time, although I got a Stylemaster and a Capricorn in 2 months.

The delivery time is just the transit time of the package. It seems a little wacky to spend extra on EMS shipping to save 3 days if you've already waited 2-3 months. If you're lucky and the hat you want is in stock, then you just wait for the shipment to get to you. Paying extra for EMS shipping does not lessen the fabrication time of a new hat.

As above, Akubra probably does not warehouse / stock completed hats at the factory for long. Those that are made are probably accounted for already and shipped out with in days of completion. I doubt they have a ton of production lines so their scheduler has to figure out how to produce the fast moving colors & models first and then fit in the slower moving ones when the orders reach a viable production level. Even factories have to have a concept of minimum order to make a viable production run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe