Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Grizzly Adams

A-List Customer
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the standard brim width on a Campdraft, and is moonstone a darker grey than glen grey? I have looked at both, and on my monitor they look the same![huh]

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the standard brim width on a Campdraft, and is moonstone a darker grey than glen grey? I have looked at both, and on my monitor they look the same![huh]

I have a glen grey camp draft and a moonstone squatter. The moonstone is lighter then glen gray. I've seen some comparison pics here on the lounge in the Akubra threads.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks F_M, I was wondering how these compared. Here's the pic from that page:

Glen Grey (L), Moonstone (R)...

GlenGrey_Moonstone-3.jpg

Of the two, I personally prefer the Moonstone.

Duper

Practically Family
Now is it just me or does the guy on the right look a lot freindlier than the guy on the left?

Less brim = less grim!

Just kidding,,,but why take a chance,,,head on over to the new Moonstone Camp Draft thread and sign-up for a special 2 5/8th brim. More recruits required. Do not hesitate. Operators are standing by.

mando

New in Town
I have the heritage campdraft that I bought because of all the praise about it. The problem I have is that I do not know what the hell to do with this hat because the crown is so high. How do you bash this thing so it even begins to look right. I needs some help! :eusa_doh:

mando

New in Town
I have the heritage cd that I bought because of all the praise about it. The problem I have is I do not know what the hell to do with the high crown. How do you bash it so tit even begins to look right. :eusa_doh:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If low crowned is what you want you could try a deep teardrop crease or even a telescope/porkpie style crease. These would both lower the crown profile.

Another option would be to sell it in the classifieds or on ebay and buy a lower crowned hat if that's more your style.

I have the heritage campdraft that I bought because of all the praise about it. The problem I have is that I do not know what the hell to do with this hat because the crown is so high. How do you bash this thing so it even begins to look right. I needs some help! :eusa_doh:

The crown of a Campdraft is the original size of the early Open Roads & then some. I think original ORs were 5 1/2" where CDs are 5 5/8" to 5 3/4". These take a deep teardrop or diamond to get that vintage "tugboat" style crease with about 4 1/2" crown at the front pinch. Look for the Teardrop Workshop thread. I went with the JtL Arrowhead crease on mine...
Photo-0097.jpg

mando

New in Town
Thanks Gtdean, I'm going to give this a try. I got the hat last jan. and kind of thru it aside. I've been wearing the squatter which I love, and this past summer the akuber capricorn & stetson milan. Now that cold weather is back, I went back to the CD and was kind of in shock. I did give it a quick dry bash in a low teardrop last night and it look pretty good. I think I just have to get used to the higher crown over the squatter. Thanks so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe