Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

green papaya

One Too Many
When your no longer attracted to women 10 - 20 years younger than yourself because they're too old

the older you get even women 5 - 10 years younger seem kind of old and undesirable

and no more attraction to women your own age.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
When your no longer attracted to women 10 - 20 years younger than yourself because they're too old.
Corny though this might sound, when a certain redhead takes more than two hours to get ready to go out, it drives me nuts, yet when she steps out ready for the show, she makes me think: "Wow!"
She said yes to my proposal 49 years ago, and she's still that breath taking teenager. My luck, your loss, eat your heart out.

a few years back I was consulting for a politician as her presentation coach. We went to her first public speech. She was running in a wealthy constituency and the room was filled with women of a certain age, wealthy and well kept. I found myself scanning the room and surprised myself by my attraction to many of them. It struck me....damn I must be getting old when I start ogling older women.

When your no longer attracted to women 10 - 20 years younger than yourself because they're too old

the older you get even women 5 - 10 years younger seem kind of old and undesirable

and no more attraction to women your own age.
As I mentioned upthread, my tastes have aged right along with me and, as I look back, I find I've almost always been more attracted to women who were close to my own age (say, within 5 years plus or minus). Now that I'm in my mid-50s it feels "unnatural" to look at women who are 10-20 years younger in that way; I can recognize that they're attractive, but that's as far as it goes. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule and, in the end, it all depends on the individual rather than some arbitrary set of parameters.

To echo what GHT wrote above, I'm still just as attracted to the woman I married nearly 35 years ago as I was when we were both young pups. She's not thrilled with the bit of weight she's gained over the years, but I've always been more attracted to curvaceous women so that plays right into my personal definition of "attractive" and I often forget how "scrawny" she was when we first met. :D

a few years back I was consulting for a politician as her presentation coach. We went to her first public speech. She was running in a wealthy constituency and the room was filled with women of a certain age, wealthy and well kept. I found myself scanning the room and surprised myself by my attraction to many of them. It struck me....damn I must be getting old when I start ogling older women.

Yeah, the older the forest, the more suitable the trees for barking up.

At this point in life, a person really ought to know which league he is in.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I really must be getting old. Just watched a television show called: "Sex, Drugs & Bingo." It was about growing old disgracefully. One of those seniors was a lady from California, now a resident of Brighton, England. Her name is Lynn Miller, and she was performing burlesque, at 82 years old. She was amazing. That link will give you a press cutting, but if you want to see Lynn, here she is:

You know you're getting old when you lay the breakfast sausages directly on the stove burner, without a frying pan.

Maybe, this scares and kills the bad sodium-glutamate in this piggy sausage-stuff. :D

Are these US-pork sausages similar to the classic, heavy saltened german Bockwurst? From time to time, I like one of the classic german Bockwurst with mustard.

PS:
You are getting old, when you realize, that you are 31 and as you remind, you liked Bockwurst with old fashioned mustard the last ten years so much more, than with ketchup, like in your teenage days. ;)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
American breakfast sausages are small links, seasoned usually with sage, fennel, and black pepper. Very tasty. You eat them straight, with no condiments, although I like to put brown sauce on my scrambled eggs.

I buy a Maine-made brand of sausages with no nitrates or nitrites -- but I avoid their "blueberry" flavor sausages. In the package, the blueberries look like flies specked into the sausage meat.

American breakfast sausages are small links, seasoned usually with sage, fennel, and black pepper. Very tasty. You eat them straight, with no condiments,

That sound not so bad. I guess, it's similar to the popular german "Nuremberg-sausages".
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=nürnberger+würstchen&FORM=HDRSC2

These are available in every supermarket in different quality classes. But, you shouldn't take the cheapest of them. I know them, from my earlier days with potatoe-mash, and the sausages and maybe scrambled eggs. ;)

I worked for a brief time in a sausage factory. I know what goes in the good ones, and I know what goes in the cheap ones. I never buy cheap sausages.

Been there myself, having worked in a northern VT slaughterhouse (owned by people originally from Maine) and later, in college days in a city packing house. Made a killing while it lasted. Buy the better sausages, for sure, and thank goodness for the USDA Inspection Service.

And, @Trenchy... you're on the money about your changing taste buds, Bud. They need more stimulus as they get down the road.

You are getting old, when you think about, whether to buy further usual slim-fit boxer-briefs next time or a further classic fine-rip underpant or even the classic double-rip lovekillers. ;););)

****Alert****Alert****Alert*****
This is something that you could’ve gone the whole day with reading...
Proceed with caution !

Haven’t bought any in years.
I usually wear only in the winter month.
(note: I said month)
Mostly wear soft cargo shorts “only" since the weather
is mostly warm for the better part of the year.

Well, 2Jakes, remember the 60s are over...

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Well, 2Jakes, remember the 60s are over...

It ain’t over til the fat cat sings! :p

6qlg8x.jpg

PS:
You are getting old, when you realize, that you are 31 and as you remind, you liked Bockwurst with old fashioned mustard the last ten years so much more, than with ketchup, like in your teenage days. ;)
In my opinion ketchup should be used only on hot french fries, and never on any meat products. But then, I really don't care much for ketchup. On the other hand, there aren't many foods that can't be improved by a suitable application of good old yellow mustard. :D

In my opinion ketchup should be used only on hot french fries, and never on any meat products. But then, I really don't care much for ketchup. On the other hand, there aren't many foods that can't be improved by a suitable application of good old yellow mustard. :D

Bockwurst with ketchup would be still ok, if no classic mustard is in sight.

But I tell you, I will NEVER eat german Bratwurst with ketchup another time. EEEK! :confused:;)

When I have fried shrimp, I prepare my own sauce with just a bit of ketchup as an ingredient.
About the only time I use ketchup straight from the bottle is on french fries. And then I only
use a little...
My dad made his own shrimp cocktail sauce, but I don't know if he used ketchup or tomato paste as the base; I suspect the latter. I wish I would have thought to ask for the recipe, because it was the best I've ever eaten--it had just the right balance of ingredients to complement the flavor of the shrimp rather than mask it the way many shrimp cocktail sauces do. I do know he wasn't shy with the horseradish. :)

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
My dad made his own shrimp cocktail sauce, but I don't know if he used ketchup or tomato paste as the base; I suspect the latter. I wish I would have thought to ask for the recipe, because it was the best I've ever eaten--it had just the right balance of ingredients to complement the flavor of the shrimp rather than mask it the way many shrimp cocktail sauces do. I do know he wasn't shy with the horseradish. :)

Now that you mentioned it...it was not ketchup but tomato paste in a jar.
Not sure if the other ingredients included Worcestershire sauce, vinegar,
lemon juice , olive oil or what...I don’t know...
but it was delicious & added to the flavor of the shrimp.

Darn...now you’re making me hungry for shrimp

or German Bratwurst!
But without that yucky-sweet ketchup! :mad:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken