Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
A whatchamacallit by Goodyear.

20k9ibq.jpg

I read that Mike was the primary heir to her fortune .
In ’79 the Liquid Paper Corp, was sold to Gillette for $47.5 million with royalties.

And it all started with his mom “monkeying" around in the kitchen with paints
& a blender.

Sorry! :D

Purely from memory (hence, subject to much error), I think Nesmith himself also made a lot of money in early video which is why he never did any of the Monkey's reunion tours. And he wrote possibly the best song the band wrote and played themselves - "Listen to the Band."

⇧ Not fifty years, but I just watched 30 for 30 on the Leonard - Duran fights which were 30 years old five years ago (when the documentary I was watching was filmed) - hence, 35 years ago. I remember talking about the "No Mas" fight the day after in high school.

dnjan

One Too Many
You are getting old when things like this bother you
JimmieJohnBike1.jpg

One of the local Jimmie Johns delivery people has chosen to hang his bike from a tree rather than using the adjacent bike rack.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
You are getting old when things like this bother you
JimmieJohnBike1.jpg

One of the local Jimmie Johns delivery people has chosen to hang his bike from a tree rather than using the adjacent bike rack.
That's not a getting old thing, that's just plain stupidity.

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
We now have a law in Maine allowing passersby to legally smash a car window to come to the aid of a locked-in pet. A law that's long overdue. Now if only we could legally smash the heads of people who'd lock a pet in a hot car.

upload_2016-9-8_19-46-41.png

I could no more leave these three alone in a car- hot or otherwise- than leave a baby alone in a car.

It's been a half century and more ago, but I recall people in our lower-income district in Madison, Wisc. leaving dogs out all night during the winter.

It gets cold in Wisconsin. Damn cold. A bit of straw and an old blanket or two in a doghouse counts for something, I suppose, but it doesn't count for much when it's 15 below.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82