Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

World's Most Expensive A-2 Jacket Ever

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
Hey Joel,
Description and photos show a Rough Wear A-2. Cable Raincoat?

The consortium have already got in there and substituted the real one for a clever copy and hope no one will spot the difference.

Even now it is being unpicked stitch by stitch by a team of virgin Indian and Chinese,girls, only with their pre adult teeth to prevent any hand damage to allow the consortium to understand every last detail

Alan

D

Deleted member 16736

Hey Joel,
Description and photos show a Rough Wear A-2. Cable Raincoat?

I saw the same thing and forgot to correct myself. On the Goodwear website, it says the Cable was worn by MacArthur which is where it got in my head that MacArthur wore a Cable. If he did, it was another jacket. Thanks for pointing it out.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
I seem to recall that his earlier jacket was a Cable, but that later images show him in a RW.
Am I mis-remembering this?

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
I seem to recall that his earlier jacket was a Cable, but that later images show him in a RW.
Am I mis-remembering this?
I believe also this is correct. Here are pics of the Cable A2.

d8afd935db587187large.jpg

b9364c8da26d685elarge.jpg

04668ffcf17399d8large.jpg

7aeb0b5201fbecfdlarge.jpg

ade87fc82212e516large.jpg

This is the Roughwear model
0b4fa5137c149bd0large.jpg

mzv1zo1o.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16736

Wow, thanks for those great pictures. So, that's what an A-2 looked like new. They started out pretty nice too. Generally, I think they had better leather.

What's the guy next to MacArthur wearing? That is one dark seal brown.

Treetopflyer

Practically Family
I'm surprised that the MacArthur museum here in Norfolk, VA doesn't have it as part of their collection. They have all of his other stuff.

Last edited:

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
Just a example to the purist's saying A2's were only worn by pilots
Yet pictures surface of airborne, infantry and or army air force ground force personnel wearing a A2s.
Yes, he was Army assigned, which was a branch of the AAC.
IMHO,Its no different than a fire investigator walking around a fire scene dressed as a firefighter after the fire is suppressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe