Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Women's Hats

billysmom

One Too Many
Paisley said:
Many new ladies hats for sale are overtrimmed and oversized or just cheaply made. I don't want to wear a bouquet of flowers on my head. Big bows look better on little girls than 40-year-old women. And a packable, crushable synthetic hat doesn't work with dress clothes.

OK. Rant over.

This is precisely why I began to collect men's fedoras. The quality of materials and construction is superior and the lines flatter femine faces. Men's hats were designed to be worn daily for years. Women's hats were built to be worn for a season, at most, or even to be worn with only one outfit.

I'll stick with classic, clean lines.

Sue

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Here are some of my wife's hats.
DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
crazydaisy said:
I have been advised to start a thread about ladies hats as the "post new hats here" is a guy- dominated thread.

Britishers have often been fashion leaders. Here in the U.S. we catch up to European fashions at a slow pace it seems to me. British women are leaders in hats--witness what the royal family wears. Sadly, young American women don't have the nerve or perhaps the desire to wear hats. Older women, yes, led by the legendary African American women. But I fear that for several generations hats have been viewed by women here as old fashioned, and until a guerrilla movement changes tastes, they'll stay that way.

You're a great hat model, by the way.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lovely hats, ladies :eusa_clap

I actually have been searching for a vintage ladies hat for my mother. Finally found a nice one through my friend John Penman. For those of you interested, please check out John's genuine vintage lady Penman offerings:

http://penmanhats.com/Lady_Hats.html

dsc_0545.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I was telling my mom about my interest in hats and she brought me some she had collected over the years. I searched for a womens hat post but didn't find a home for these. Is there a home for womens hats?
e4d3f6b6.jpg

81caecb3.jpg

94225fb0.jpg

4dee2dd8.jpg

c132367d.jpg

25cf52c1.jpg

c717f863.jpg

fb56f30b.jpg

82d39bb8.jpg

theinterchange

One Too Many
I don't have any photos, but my mom pointed out an article about ladies hats in the latest issue of Southern Living. I'll look and see if they have any info online.

Randy

SheBear74

Practically Family
I found this at the Goodwill, I don't know that it has any value, but it looked neat and it was 1.99 ;)

utf-8BSU1HMDA4ODEtMjAxMDEwMjUtMTQwOC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA4ODAtMjAxMDEwMjUtMTQwNy5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA4NzktMjAxMDEwMjUtMTQwNi5qcGc.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe