Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favorite Pie ?

skinnychik

One of the Regulars
Hey! Real mince-meat pie isn't bad!
Of course, the one I had was made with fillet mignon, raisins, currants, pistachios, apples, and all kinds of wonderful things. It wasn't just an apple pie with raisins, nor was it a round steak with a crust. It was served as part of the main course though - not as dessert.

I love a nice, fat slice of chocolate cream pie with meringue on top, the way my mom makes it.

There used to be a No-Bake mix for chocolate mint pie that I used to make as a kid. Now, not only can I not find the mix, but I can't even buy mint pudding, and I can't seem to get the flavor right adding the mint extract. If anyone out there has a good recipe for one I'd love to have a copy.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Cheesecake, cake in pie form

Jack Scorpion said:
Cheesecake. Hey, it's a pie.

Lemon Ice-Box, Apple Pie and Sweet Potato.

Im with you on that.

Mine wasnt a 'pie' family. We did cobblers, which is like a close cousin to pie. My Granny made a mean peach cobbler, fresh blueberry cobbler (wild blueberries grew in a field behind our house), fresh apple pie, and she made a spectacular lemon meringue.

I hate pumpkin and sweet potato.

LD

Clyde R.

One of the Regulars
Hmmm...I've always been a big pie fan. I was one of those that requested a pie in lieu of a cake for my birthday as a kid. In those days it was usually cherry cheese cake.

These days I'd say apple pie and the southern specialty sweet potato are are my favorites.:p

Rosie

One Too Many
Senator Jack said:
You know I can't get a decent key lime pie up here in NY!

Regards,

Senator Jack

Go to Junior's they make a key lime cheese pie during the summer, delish.

I thought we were strictly talking pie. I'll have to add strawberry cheese cake pie oh and chocolate mousse cheesecake pie.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
German Chocolate Cream at Polly's Pies in Long Beach, CA in Bixby Knolls....

Or if we're talking ones we make ourselves, I do an apple-cranberry with a little brandy every fall...actually, I stopped counting three years ago when I hit 20 between shortly before Thanksgiving to Christmas because family & friends alway ask for them.

raiderrescuer

One of the Regulars
Commercial Entree...

well, if I had to go with a commercial product...

bourbons.jpg

It's a Sweet Street Bourbon Street Pecan Pie. Oh, did I forget to mention the Kentucky Bourbon !

I still prefer the homemade Peach Pie.

indyjim

Familiar Face
Cherry...rhubarb....then apple....in that order. But not just anybody's.
They've gotta be my mother's. Nobody could make 'em like mom!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
LeFonque said:
Humble Pie, seems I am always having to eat it!
lol hate it when that happens!
I just remembered a restraunt that used to be around that made the best chocolate peanute butter cream pie..have yet to find anyone or place that makes one that good, usually the peanut butter's consistency is too thick

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Apple Charlotte

I don't know if apple Charlotte is only an Australian delicacy, or maybe even a Sydney delicacy, so i'll explain that it's an apple pie with passionfruit icing coated on top. The Pie Pantry in Liverpool (southwest Sydney) makes the best apple Charlotte in the known universe . . . Okay, and maybe that famous galaxy far, far away as well . . .

jazzbass

Familiar Face
Hmmmmmm

My mom's sour cream raisin pie (lost the recipe and nothing I've found is even close), Pecan pie with texas pecans and bourboned whipped cream, key lime pie with real limes and a dollop of whipped cream on top

bob

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer
Horn & Hardart's Pumpkin Pie was a Seasonal Treat.

I looked forward to Autumn and saved up my nickles from Spring on. Automat coffee was excellent too, as were their vegetables and very many other of their dishes. They opened in Philly in 1902 and the last one in NYC, at 42nd St. and Third Avenue, closed around 1990. Cheap and good they were. And as a child, great fun. Money in the slot, pull the little glass door open and remove the dish...

Ah, O 2 B again ... :arated:

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
colleency said:
J.M. Stovall, would you be willing to share Grandma's recipe?

Sorry it took me so long, I kept leaving the recipe at home.

Buttermilk Pie

1 1/2 Cups cugar
3 TBS flour
3/4 Cups buttermilk
3/4 Stick butter, melted
3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla

Blend sugar, flour and 1/2 of the buttermilk. Then add beaten eggs and fold in the rest of buttermilk, butter and vanilla. Use a regular pie crust.
Bake 425 for 10 min.
Then 350 for 30 - 40 min.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe