Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's something modern you won't miss when it becomes obsolete?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I'm not going to miss the latest hot catchphrase from the Boys From Marketing -- "HD." It's one thing to use "HD" to describe a specific standard for high-resolution video signals, but there is no way on Earth outside of a marketer's fever dream that a flavor of taco chips can be "HD." Or, the one that set me off today, a spray-on "HD" suntan. That's just "HD" baloney.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I'm not going to miss the latest hot catchphrase from the Boys From Marketing -- "HD." It's one thing to use "HD" to describe a specific standard for high-resolution video signals, but there is no way on Earth outside of a marketer's fever dream that a flavor of taco chips can be "HD." Or, the one that set me off today, a spray-on "HD" suntan. That's just "HD" baloney.

HD is a great invention, for television and movies of course.
For chips, uh no.
Every so often I use the HD term.
Usually it involves losing my glasses.
When I have them on, everything is in HD, when I lose them, everything is in "antenna" that needs to be adjusted. :D

I'm not going to miss the latest hot catchphrase from the Boys From Marketing -- "HD." It's one thing to use "HD" to describe a specific standard for high-resolution video signals, but there is no way on Earth outside of a marketer's fever dream that a flavor of taco chips can be "HD."...
Highly Delicious?

...Or, the one that set me off today, a spray-on "HD" suntan...
Hideous Derma?

...That's just "HD" baloney.
Hog Detritus?

Aaaannnnd...we're back to hogs already. That didn't take long, but it's o.k. the weekend is almost here and that means the neighborhood tienda will be cooking up carnitas. Mmmmm.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
I will be very happy when the following fade to ash.

Texting
Synthesizers
Slim fit clothing
Smart Phones
Pop music
Rap
Clown-toe shoes
Malware
Omnipresent Perverts
Sloppy fashion
Semi-omnipresent drug addicts
Trolls