Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

My kids actually love Brussels sprouts, and I find them pretty passable if they're not boiled soggy. My wife drizzles olive oil over them, then seasons liberally with salt and pepper or adobo or whatever is around, then roasts them in the oven. The outsides get all nice amd crispy, and they're not mushy.
Still, not my first choice for a main course, but it's what we had and I'm never ungrateful for a meal.

My kids actually love Brussels sprouts, and I find them pretty passable if they're not boiled soggy. My wife drizzles olive oil over them, then seasons liberally with salt and pepper or adobo or whatever is around, then roasts them in the oven. The outsides get all nice amd crispy, and they're not mushy.
Still, not my first choice for a main course, but it's what we had and I'm never ungrateful for a meal.

They like it?! :faint: My sons would picket outside the house. :p

31 Model A

A-List Customer
Corned Beef and Cabbage....both are cooked in a slow cooker until the cabbage is just done. Fry up some onions until almost caramelized and then add the cabbage. Fry both until golden brown. Take a small pot and put in some Horseradish sauce and dilute it with sweet heavy cream and cook it slowly until it thickens adding more horseradish sauce to your taste limits.
Take the corned beef out, should be very tender enough to cut with a fork. Slice the beef, add the fried cabbage and pour the horseradish sauce over it...........YUM YUM. The only thing I do different on St Patrick's Day is.......put on a "Kiss me, I'm Irish" button and invite all the ladies from the Blue Rinse Brigade from the Home for dinner and games. :D

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Mushroom soup. Hubby told me last night he's been craving mushroom soup, and tonight's soup night, so I'm going to indulge him. Fortunately, Lily is bonkers for mushrooms, so this is a sure hit with her. Don't have a recipe, but I know it'll have a bunch of mushrooms (about 2# worth), some chicken thighs, garlic/onion/carrot (maybe carrot), and seasonings.

I think I'll also make homemade focaccia to go with the soup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82