Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Big meal mid-day today. Marinated country pork ribs (my special dry rub + other yummy goodness), pasta salad, and corn macabre (as my daughter calls on-the-cob). Dessert was butter cake cupcakes with peach preserve/nutmeg filling & homemade cream cheese frosting. Decadent!

Later we'll have roast beef sandwiches, chips, & banana smoothies.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Dangit Matt! You made me go to the store for Italian sausage. Can you guys get Graffeo Brothers up there? It's made locally right here in B'ham. They sell it at the Pig.

I'll have to look for it. We've only got one Pig in the area and even it's a bit too much of a drive for me to shop there often. When I go out of my way to grocery shop, it's usually to a Publix. Otherwise I go to a Big Star because it's just down the street. Choice is a bit limited there, but it's locally owned and I like to help support them when I can.

Big meal mid-day today. Marinated country pork ribs (my special dry rub + other yummy goodness), pasta salad, and corn macabre (as my daughter calls on-the-cob). Dessert was butter cake cupcakes with peach preserve/nutmeg filling & homemade cream cheese frosting. Decadent!

Later we'll have roast beef sandwiches, chips, & banana smoothies.

If there's any of those cupcakes left could you send them this way??

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Mussels in a spicy choriso broth topped with feta cheese.

IMG_20140615_125303.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
If there's any of those cupcakes left could you send them this way??

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Oh, they are so good! I made the peach peserves last summer from local peaches. And I don't like overly-sweet frosting, so this kind you can really taste the cream cheese. Almost salty, but not.

Don't get me started on nutmeg. I may be slightly obsessed with it.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks guys. It was mighty delicious!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I keep saying, we need to have someone organize a Fedora Lounge Cookbook! I think it could really work well, and if made with some "footage" of the lounge itself, and pictures of Lounger's to boot, it could be a killer idea! Just think, someone that makes a certain dinner like what we see here the last page or two of this thread....pick a name to call the dinner...."The Bartender": Stuffed Crab and Corn on the Cobb! "Excessive Posting: Pasta with some fancy thought up sauce, clams with sardines.....???????

Here's another one...: The Classifieds: PorterHouse Steak, Baked Potato..Butter Beans.,,..served on plates just won on eBay (came with a fresh Fedora Order)......and all visitors must buy something.......

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Steak, green beans, and jalapeno hushpuppies.
The FIL took us out to Sodolaks, but my wife paid.
As long a I didn't have to. :D

Since my FIL is recovering a bit each day from his surgery, tomorrow night it will be pizza.
Turkey pepperoni because he can't have all the grease from regular ones for a little while longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken