Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

GHT

I'll Lock Up

Lemon Chicken: It's a doddle, in fact it couldn't be easier. The recipe calls for sweet potatoes, but I prefer the bog standard. Just wash peel and dry them. pre-cook them for five minutes in the microwave.
Prepare a whole chicken, or, if you prefer, four whole chicken legs, by pre-cooking them in a pan with garlic and onions. Once partially cooked, put the chicken in a roasting dish with the potatoes. Slice up a lemon and place all the slices over the chicken. Add the stock from the pan, with a few aromatic herbs. If you can't be arsed with the lemon, just use a lemon juicer and simply squeeze a good slosh of juice over the chicken. Place in the oven at a seriously high heat for about half an hour. Serve and enjoy. Goes down a treat with a good French white wine, or, if you prefer, a seriously cold german lager beer.

Rosemary lemon chicken, curried rice and salad. :)

Shredded beef tacos, rice, beans, and a Dr. Pepper.
:D

I'm pretty close to banning Dr Pepper from my house. One of the housemates drinks it like was water. He also lives almost exclusively on fast food cause even when he's home in the evening, which is perhaps two or three times a week because of his work schedule, he never hangs around for dinner except if we're having pizza.

:eusa_doh::p

Last edited:
Rosemary lemon chicken, curried rice and salad. :)

I'm pretty close to banning Dr Pepper from my house. One of the housemates drinks it like was water. He also lives almost exclusively on fast food cause even when he's home in the evening, which is perhaps two or three times a week because of his work schedule, he never hangs around for dinner except if we're having pizza.

:eusa_doh::p

Yeah, roommates. Do you want it banned because you find it disgusting that he drinks so much soda, you are worried about his addiction/health, or because he partakes of your Dr. P. stash?

Yeah, roommates. Do you want it banned because you find it disgusting that he drinks so much soda, you are worried about his addiction/health, or because he partakes of your Dr. P. stash?

Definitely the first reason, a little bit of the second reason and I can't stand Dr Pepper. :p Nowadays I drink very little soda as it doesn't agree with me, especially with meals also the other two housemates and I am trying to eat more healthier. I drink lots of water now. I only drink soda if I'm not eating anything.

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
A friend of mine had a sister that drank at least 6 regular cokes a day.
His dad got tired of this because of the cost, so he decided to fix her addiction.
He bought a cola that had the worst taste I've ever tried...Mellow Moon.
Back then (early 90's) a 12 pack of cokes were $3 dollars, and she was going through several a week.
Mellow moon was less than that, a lot less, for the same amount.
After a week trying to drink those things, "Tina" gave up, and started drinking water instead. :D
I can still taste that stuff, it tasted great for the first second, then an awful aftertaste came out of nowhere. :puke:

I take it you have some deep-seated aversion to pasties? Perhaps stemming from a traumatic experience buried deep in your subconscious which happened during early childhood?

...this is probably a bad time to mention that I also like mustard...

Uh, look up the word pasties and tell me what you come up with. Then tell me you eat them. lol lol

You can eat mustard you are willing to eat pasties that is for sure. lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82