Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Following A.F.s lead and heaping up some red beans on some rice, with spicy cajun sausage, made right, by the Conecuh Sausage Co. down the road in Evergreen, Alabama.
If you're ever traveling south down I-65 heading for the gulf coast, be sure to stop and tour the facility and try some.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Following A.F.s lead and heaping up some red beans on some rice, with spicy cajun sausage, made right, by the Conecuh Sausage Co. down the road in Evergreen, Alabama.
If you're ever traveling south down I-65 heading for the gulf coast, be sure to stop and tour the facility and try some.

Sounds excellent, Dale. Be there in 15. :essen:

vintageTink

One Too Many
Tomorrow is chicken breasts. Threw them in the crock pot with garlic, sea salt, pepper, Italian seasoning. Tomorrow I'll fry up some bacon and melt some cheese on them.

Meatloaf, red beans & rice, and greens.

That's like two meals at the same time.
What kind of greens do you generally prefer out that way? Just curious. Down here it's usually collard greens or turnip greens, sometimes kale, even poke salat occasionally. I guess spinach is a green too, technically, but we always refer to spinach as spinach, but any of the others are greens.

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
Before my class earlier today I put a cut up 3lb piece of beef in with one of those new campbell slow cooker sauces, the korean one. Not too bad, got home & checked it, the meat was just starting to fall apart so threw on some rice. No vegs, but had some left over bread from last nights scratch beef stragonoff so had that.

The mention of hot dogs is giving me a craving, while I'm in no rush for summer to get here, maybe we'll do that tommorrow along with some fresh slaw, maybe we'll get the grill going & do some burgers too.

Course, the meatloaf sounds good too, never thought of doing red beans & rice with it, dont eat greens even though we are in the south north, heh. Guess even after all these years we are still too "northern" to eat greens, we do pass some of the oldtimers out in the fields after harvest & before planting picking greens.

Now to plan dinner for the week, hmm, meatloaf, burgers, dogs. Mmm, sounds good. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marco21