Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

vintageTink

One Too Many
Here's an expert's view:
I stopped eating all things "fat" since my caring doctor mentioned I have a high cholesterol.
I managed to both gain weight and lose health..
Doctors.. :doh:
So, I've ditched the "healthy food" and started eating bacon, meat and lard.. the brilliant doctor told me my health was never better, my cholesterol was perfect and I've lost 30 pounds. :nod:

lard.jpg

:thumb:
Excellent!

6:00 am

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380415567531.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380415567531.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 399
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380415587018.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380415587018.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 181
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380415635045.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380415635045.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 141

earl

A-List Customer
Quiche-bacon, onion, broccoli and green peppers with cheddar cheese, along with yeast roles. Lemon and coconut bars made by my wife as dessert. Earl

earl

A-List Customer
Here's an expert's view:
I stopped eating all things "fat" since my caring doctor mentioned I have a high cholesterol.
I managed to both gain weight and lose health..
Doctors.. :doh:
So, I've ditched the "healthy food" and started eating bacon, meat and lard.. the brilliant doctor told me my health was never better, my cholesterol was perfect and I've lost 30 pounds. :nod:

lard.jpg

:thumb:
After being minutes away from a fatal heart attack 4 years ago, I've been on what I call the gun-to-the-head diet. Not a zealot, but have drastically reduced my fat level. Interestingly, though I didn't cut calories that much, just by cutting fat I dropped 50 pounds. Only way I would have reformed my diet. Did tell my cardiologist in 2009 that I had a high fat diet, smoked a pipe and enjoyed my scotch, but I'd give him 1 out of 3-changing my diet. 9 cardiac stents and having to wear nitro patches now does make 1 take notice of diet. Earl

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Citrus Cup, Beef soup with liver dumplings, Pork Paprikasz over home-made noodles, Red Cabbage cooked with apples and onions, Palačinky (crepes filled with jam), Demitasse

Tomorrow, Tomato Juice Cocktail and "Knedlo-Vepro-Zelo" (Roast Pork, Sauerkraut and Dumplings), Pivo, Jablečný Závin (Apple Strudel), and Coffee.

Citrus Cup, Beef soup with liver dumplings, Pork Paprikasz over home-made noodles, Red Cabbage cooked with apples and onions, Palačinky (crepes filled with jam), Demitasse

Tomorrow, Tomato Juice Cocktail and "Knedlo-Vepro-Zelo" (Roast Pork, Sauerkraut and Dumplings), Pivo, Jablečný Závin (Apple Strudel), and Coffee.

It all sounds delicious, especially the cabbage with apples and the strudel. What sort of pivo do you prefer with this sort of cuisine?

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
It all sounds delicious, especially the cabbage with apples and the strudel. What sort of pivo do you prefer with this sort of cuisine?

Just a common light Pilsner. Our family used to prefer "Pride of Cleveland Extra Pilsner" Beer until the P.O.C. brand was sold out of state and the beer so branded turned into slop. These days we generally drink Miller "High Life" with our roast pork.

Just a common light Pilsner. Our family used to prefer "Pride of Cleveland Extra Pilsner" Beer until the P.O.C. brand was sold out of state and the beer so branded turned into slop. These days we generally drink Miller "High Life" with our roast pork.

Nothing wrong with the champagne of beers. I have a taste for good German lagers, but more often than not Pabst or Miller does the trick (and fits the budget), especially with hearty meat dishes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe