Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Starbucks coffee and Chicago Bears QB budding controversy discussion. Bears ekked out a 17-14 win over the Lions and Hoyer threw for 2 TDs and 302 yards.:D

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Starbucks coffee and Chicago Bears QB budding controversy discussion. Bears ekked out a 17-14 win over the Lions and Hoyer threw for 2 TDs and 302 yards.:D
If you ask me, Hoyer is unquestionably superior to Cutler, and I really hope management sees that.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
If you ask me, Hoyer is unquestionably superior to Cutler, and I really hope management sees that.

Cutler, mercurial, injury-prone, and at the unmistakable end of a long drawn out career, still wields an insanely lucrative contract; so he returns to pitch again.
However, if he falls down or is injured, Hoyer will be the man.

⇧ I thought you guys might enjoy this section (see below) from Epsilon Theory (a financial market "thought" piece that applies game theory to the markets) that references Cutler.

If I could, I would take out the political reference out as I don't want to violate the rules of the board, but the section's meaning would be lost. However, the piece goes on to be even more brutal on Trump - the author clearly can't stand either candidate, and again, the point of this post is about Cutler not politics.

If you follow football closely, you’ll hear a phrase that players and position coaches use in an entirely positive light: selling out. They don’t mean a sell-out in the way the phrase is generally used, either as a full house in
salient-epsilon-theory-ben-hunt-virtue-signaling-september-30-2016-cutler.jpg
terms of ticket sales or, pejoratively, as a person who’s chosen money over authenticity. No, they mean it as a compliment. When you sell out on a play or a coach’s game plan, it means that you commit fully. It means that you are prepared to embarrass yourself by your single-minded pursuit of a team victory. It’s the absolute opposite of virtue signaling, and there is no higher praise for a teammate than to say he “sold out” in a game. I see no one willing to “sell out” for Clinton, and that tells me that, in a close game, she’s in a lot of trouble. If Clinton were an NFL quarterback, she’d be Jay Cutler of the Chicago Bears, a player who is infamously difficult for his teammates to support or rally around. No one has ever sold out for Jay Cutler. Now in his 11thseason, Cutler’s teams have made the playoffs once. Once.
This is a link to the full piece (it's a free site and the author encourages sharing of his work): http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilon-theory/virtue-signaling-why-clinton-is-in-trouble/

Last small point, I don't have much of an opinion of Cutler one way or the other. I've always seen him as a strong second-tier QB - able to lead a team, but not up there with the tier-one guys.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
⇧ I thought you guys might enjoy this section (see below) from Epsilon Theory (a financial market "thought" piece that applies game theory to the markets) that references Cutler.

Jay-to his credit has numerous strong points; unfortunately the cumulative positive always proved insufficient to overcome negativity or brought fate to a seasonal draw.
I once thought Fibonacci's golden mean phi and successive ordered retracement along the lines of Elliot's Wave Theory might predict the Chicago Bears seasonal
trajectory inasmuch as crude oil prices or other commodities are charted.;) I quickly abandoned such notion. But it was an interesting theoretical application.o_O

I hope Cutler regains his dexterity and rejoins the team for a solid, if not a winning season. He seems to have matured and last year his overall play was commendable.

green papaya

One Too Many
Ive been eating a big bowl of hot Oatmeal everyday for the last 3 - 4 weeks in a row, it's a very nourishing , satisfying quick breakfast, and more healthy.

I need to cut back on those fried breakfasts, too much hash, sausage, bacon, waffles, hot cakes, SPAM & eggs.

greatestescaper

One of the Regulars
Coffee (boiled on the stove) scones served with lemon curd and butter, and some sausage. The other day my friends and I stopped over at a small place while visiting Las Cruces, NM and I had eggs benedict over brisket, with a green chile hollandaise sauce that was absolutely fantastic. I'll have to try to make that sometime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82