Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

green papaya

One Too Many
I had some chicken tacos made with leftover rotisserie chicken, cilantro, green onion, cheese and some rooster hot sauce.

Attachments

• 2016-04-25_110550.jpg
    2016-04-25_110550.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 123
Fresh buttery croissant (from a Hungary bakery - go figure - but they make a nice one*) sliced open with a sunny side up egg slid onto one half, then I put the other half over, broke the yoke, let it get absorbed and had an outstanding buttery, "yokey" breakfast during which I could actually feel the blood in my arteries start to flow slower as the artery's circumference shrank from the fat deposits.

*Some of the best pizza in NYC is made by Mexican and Latin American immigrants - it's all one great mixup in this city.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
As part of our girls' recommended hearty breakfast (owing to a school trip to see a play necessitating a later lunch for them), french toast with REAL maple syrup, baked beans and, yes, coffee...

A big piece of Entenmann's fruitcake that I bought at Christmas and that has an expiration date of June.

It is only marginally drier than the one I bought at the same time and ate back in December (when normal people eat fruitcake). It is an odd feeling to be eating fruitcake in April - it feels like the weather, season and time of year are out of kilter.

All that said, quite tasty and enjoyable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82