Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
soft=snot
Maybe so, but that's the way I learned to cook them.
Oh sure I can cook omelets, your typical scrambled eggs that you end up chasing around the plate, and fried eggs.
But I prefer the soft scramble because it sits where you place it, and I've been eating them that way since I was 10yrs old. ;)
Had the same breakfast again today, but added a protein shake.
I need to move some boxes at work, and need the extra protein.

BTW, down 5 pounds since last report. I'm in the 170's now. :whoo:

Maybe so, but that's the way I learned to cook them.
Oh sure I can cook omelets, your typical scrambled eggs that you end up chasing around the plate, and fried eggs.
But I prefer the soft scramble because it sits where you place it, and I've been eating them that way since I was 10yrs old. ;)
Had the same breakfast again today, but added a protein shake.
I need to move some boxes at work, and need the extra protein.

BTW, down 5 pounds since last report. I'm in the 170's now. :whoo:

Still snot. Snot sticks to everything. :p

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
Standard fare is always eggs, potatoes, and either sausage or bacon. Washed down with a generous serving of coffee. And yes, my eggs just have to be cooked. 4 minutes is about right when boiling, or scrambled until solid. Basting works too.
I LOVE breakfast and could eat breakfast foods about any time day or night. :D

Biscuits and bacon this morning.

My 7 year old son learned a valuable lesson today. He wouldn't quit playing Nintendo to come eat, so his brothers polished off the bacon. You snooze, you lose.

Standard fare is always eggs, potatoes, and either sausage or bacon. Washed down with a generous serving of coffee. And yes, my eggs just have to be cooked. 4 minutes is about right when boiling, or scrambled until solid. Basting works too.
I LOVE breakfast and could eat breakfast foods about any time day or night. :D

I agree with you on that. Sometimes breakfast for dinner tastes better than breakfast for breakfast. It might be so because it seems like a treat or maybe because it feels as if we are breaking some sort of rule.
Whatever the reason, breakfast, not Folgers, is the best part of waking up.

:D

robrinay

One Too Many
Bacon, bacon, bacon, scrambled cheesy eggs, and seasoned country potatoes.
And I thought I'd invented cheesy scrambled eggs - mature cheddar preferrred.
Seriously though its not usually found on the menus in cafes over here - a great shame as the flavour is wonderful whatever the cheese.

Last edited:
Fritatas full of chopped up bratwurst and hamburger patties leftover from last nights cookout and Parmesan, cheddar, and feta cheese.

And I thought I'd invented cheesy scrambled eggs - mature cheddar preferrred.
Seriously though its not usually found on the menus in cafes over here - a great shame as the flavour is wonderful whatever the cheese.

I do not know of too many people who enjoy cheese on their eggs, but they are missing out. I have never seen it on a menu, but I have never been told "no" when Requesting it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82