Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Alright already...we have Oatmeal and seeded rye bread toast almost every single morning....but now....I shopped and purchased some things to make Eggs Benedict and just going to break out the Waffle Iron to make something extra.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
This morning I had 2 eggs with chipotle/garlic seasoning, and 2 pieces of toast with a bit of honey on them.
Tomorrow morning it will be blueberry pancakes.
Almond meal of course.

No grits ARE NOT like a Southern version of Cream of Wheat. :eusa_doh:
I used to eat both as a kid, and the taste is very different.
COW has a different texture similar to porridge, and usually is seasoned with butter, cream, and sugar.
Grits are stiffer (if properly cooked), and need butter, salt, and pepper. You can also fry grits but not COW.
Plus COW is made from wheat, while Grits are made from corn (from what I remember).
And before I learned how to cook, I had to eat both prepared by my mother.
Grits weren't usually lumpy, but her COW was because she didn't mix it right. :p

Last edited:
This morning I had 2 eggs with chipotle/garlic seasoning, and 2 pieces of toast with a bit of honey on them.
Tomorrow morning it will be blueberry pancakes.
Almond meal of course.

No grits ARE NOT like a Southern version of Cream of Wheat. :eusa_doh:
I used to eat both as a kid, and the taste is very different.
COW has a different texture similar to porridge, and usually is seasoned with butter, cream, and sugar.
Grits are stiffer (if properly cooked), and need butter, salt, and pepper. You can also fry grits but not COW.
Plus COW is made from wheat, while Grits are made from corn (from what I remember).
And before I learned how to cook, I had to eat both prepared by my mother.
Grits weren't usually lumpy, but her COW was because she didn't mix it right. :p

Cream of Wheat and Grits both taste lousy and are just differently flavored wallpaper paste. If you have to disguise the taste with seasoning then it must taste lousy. :rofl:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Those eggs sound mighty tasty, but your breakfast sounds more like a tantalizing snack than a meal.
:D
If I eat any more than that in the morning (after taking my medicine) I get sick.
The eggs were very good, as the seasoning is somewhat spicy but not too hot.
BTW the blueberry pancakes turned out well, with butter and honey they were fantastic. :D

If I eat any more than that in the morning (after taking my medicine) I get sick.
The eggs were very good, as the seasoning is somewhat spicy but not too hot.
BTW the blueberry pancakes turned out well, with butter and honey they were fantastic. :D

I eat no where near as much as I used to, just one of the little gifts of growing older. Spicy and not hot is how I like my seasoning. I enjoy being able to taste my food, not trying to endure it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82