Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Basically, I really don't know how to cook, I can boil water (even after having been dropped on my head as an infant) so I can make pasta and eggs and I know how to arrange things to be heated in an oven. This morning it was that later "skill" that I used to use up a bunch of things we had left over.

So below is the result. That is sesame bread hollowed out and then drizzled with olive oil which made room for a nest of french fries that I then arranged as a basket to hold a cracked egg. I baked at 400 until the egg was almost done, put on salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and a few slices of swiss cheese and threw it all under the broiler for less than a minute. The key to this mess of a dish was that I kept the egg yolk still soft enough to break and run over everything when it was done. No culinary schools will ever be calling for me, but it was still a mighty fine tasting breakfast.

Basically, I really don't know how to cook, I can boil water (even after having been dropped on my head as an infant) so I can make pasta and eggs and I know how to arrange things to be heated in an oven. This morning it was that later "skill" that I used to use up a bunch of things we had left over.

So below is the result. That is sesame bread hollowed out and then drizzled with olive oil which made room for a nest of french fries that I then arranged as a basket to hold a cracked egg. I baked at 400 until the egg was almost done, put on salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and a few slices of swiss cheese and threw it all under the broiler for less than a minute. The key to this mess of a dish was that I kept the egg yolk still soft enough to break and run over everything when it was done. No culinary schools will ever be calling for me, but it was still a mighty fine tasting breakfast.

Where's the bacon?
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82