Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

I forgot to say I want fried pickles with that malt. No, I'm not pregnant--just half southerner.
Apple fritter sounds tasty. Chocolate malt sounds even better. Fried pickles....not so much, and I'm all southerner.
Happy Birthday tomorrow, Swanson_eyes! Hope it's a good one!

Oh, and I had two cups of black coffee for breakfast today.

Fried pickles? I'm in. Happy birthday as well, Swanson_eyes. Mine comes up in a couple weeks.
Just black coffee for me this morning.

Happy early birthday to you as well, Boots. I see you've already gotten a present. Enjoy some fried pickles with those gators!

I was starving by time I got to work, so I hit a little diner by the shop for a quick sausage link, toast and grits.

OK, but salty and sweet together. It's basic to human beings.

Owing to my girlfriend - salty and sweet has been a part of my life for the last 18 years. She tops her chocolate chip cookies with salt and you can make all the faces you want until you've tried them - we've shared them with many friends and the requests for additional batches have never stopped. But it's more than that - she was way ahead of the salted caramel craze (she's made a salted caramel sauce for decades). And she weaves sweet-salty into her cooking and baking regularly.

Cup of coffee from Starbucks and a chocolate filled croissant. I tried to close my eyes and pretend I was sitting at a little sidewalk cafe in Europe, but I was driving to work so that didn't work out too well.

:(

OK, but salty and sweet together. It's basic to human beings.
Oh, I'm definitely on board with the "salty and sweet" thing, but it has to be the right "salty" and the right "sweet", and pickles and chocolate don't work for me. Then again, I've been known to eat peanut butter and pickle sandwiches, so maybe I need to just shut up and try it. lol

Oh, I'm definitely on board with the "salty and sweet" thing, but it has to be the right "salty" and the right "sweet", and pickles and chocolate don't work for me. Then again, I've been known to eat peanut butter and pickle sandwiches, so maybe I need to just shut up and try it. lol

As a big advocate of sweet-salty, I agree, for me, pickles and chocolate just doesn't do it. Perhaps it the acidity and garlic (in many pickles) that is discouraging me. Maybe a sweet Gherkin pickle and chocolate cold work - hmm.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe