Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Mr.Robot season finale. The soundtrack work is at the height of TV. Beautiful. Acting continues to be top notch, including the smaller, supporting roles. A really good first season, but that finale was a drop off the ol' plateau. I understood it, but I walked away thinking (hoping?) there was more to it than I was getting. We've been battling this great fish all season, and then when we finally land it on the boat, it's dead. Carp. This show is so interestingly done that I'm questioning whether it is as good as I think it is. A skilled illusion? Just an odd finale that didn't leave me feeling anything. I like Christian Slater, but this confusion of himself/father thing really isn't very interesting to me. I hope they move on from it. Here's to hoping they can't afford to keep paying Slater for another season.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. BYU. We have a new head coach, so there's been a LOT of anticipation for this first game of the season. Fourth quarter, 28-24, (Huskers leading) with one second on the board, and BYU throws a hail Mary and the receiver catches it in the endzone. Touchdown. And all of Nebraska wept.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Sounders vs Toronto. We won, 2-1. A much needed 3 points at home. Next game is on the road against San Jose. We need a win on the road to keep us in the running for any chance at the playoffs. The number of matches left in regular season play is dwindling quickly.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Binge watched this last season of Doctor Who with Peter Capaldi, including the Christmas special from the DVR. Had to prime my self for the upcoming season. Great progression. Heartbreaking end of season too. Steven Moffat really knows how to draw the raw emotions out of you.

Cheers!

Dan

Hogan's Heroes.

I've watched a few recently and, while enjoyable, man did they not care about even trying to make the plots seem real.

In the most recent one I saw, Hogan "agreed" to steal a Mustang fighter for the Germans in return for $1,000,000 and freedom in Switzerland. He is really doing it to uncover the names of the German spy network in England. In a breathtaking (maximum) of twenty minutes of air time, he winds up in England with Klink as another escaped pilot (that was believable), manipulates Kilnk into exposing the leader of the spy ring, "steals" a Mustang, starts flying it back to Germany, parachutes out with Klink as the plane crashes on Germany soil (but fear not, it was not a real Mustang as the English had put a Messerschmitt engine in it - like that wouldn't have gotten Hogan into some hot water in Germany) and was back at Stalag 13 lickety-split.

And the entire style - clothes, hair, etc - of the show is WWII meets 1960s in transition from tradition to mod.

All that said, I still enjoyed it, but it seemed even sillier than I remember.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I've watched a few recently and, while enjoyable, man did they not care about even trying to make the plots seem real.

In the most recent one I saw, Hogan "agreed" to steal a Mustang fighter for the Germans in return for $1,000,000 and freedom in Switzerland. He is really doing it to uncover the names of the German spy network in England. In a breathtaking (maximum) of twenty minutes of air time, he winds up in England with Klink as another escaped pilot (that was believable), manipulates Kilnk into exposing the leader of the spy ring, "steals" a Mustang, starts flying it back to Germany, parachutes out with Klink as the plane crashes on Germany soil (but fear not, it was not a real Mustang as the English had put a Messerschmitt engine in it - like that wouldn't have gotten Hogan into some hot water in Germany) and was back at Stalag 13 lickety-split.

And the entire style - clothes, hair, etc - of the show is WWII meets 1960s in transition from tradition to mod.

All that said, I still enjoyed it, but it seemed even sillier than I remember.

Oh, it's completely and totally silly and unbelievable. That's why I love it so much. I read an interview with Werner Klemperer who said the only way he would play Klink is if he never succeeded in any of his intrigues or in anything else, really. Werner and his family escaped Nazi Germany. So, too, did John Banner (Sgt. Schultz). Unbelievably, Robert Clary (Louis LeBeau) was in Buchenwald and liberated in April 1945.

Oh, it's completely and totally silly and unbelievable. That's why I love it so much. I read an interview with Werner Klemperer who said the only way he would play Klink is if he never succeeded in any of his intrigues or in anything else, really. Werner and his family escaped Nazi Germany. So, too, did John Banner (Sgt. Schultz). Unbelievably, Robert Clary (Louis LeBeau) was in Buchenwald and liberated in April 1945.

I knew about Werner Klemper and Robert Clary, but was John Banner Jewish or did he just get out of Germany because he / his family wanted to (a smart move either way).

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Never felt the same about the show after the way Crane died and the stories that followed.
:D

Fortunately for me, before Crane's death, I had already bean let down so many times by actors and musicians, that now, I just don't think about it when watching them on the screen!

Yeah, I try not to think about that when I'm watching it, but it sort of creeps up on me at times.

It does impact your view. Growing up watching HH when I was very young, Crane was the embodiment of American low-key swagger, positive attitude and fun. Like Heath from "The Big Valley," he was one of those characters I just loved as a little kid. When he died and all that stuff started to come out, a little more of that childhood innocence was lost. Watching the show now, I can't help remembering how I felt when I watched it as a kid and it kind of echoes how much in life you learn is not as it seems as you get older.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
It does impact your view. Growing up watching HH when I was very young, Crane was the embodiment of American low-key swagger, positive attitude and fun. Like Heath from "The Big Valley," he was one of those characters I just loved as a little kid. When he died and all that stuff started to come out, a little more of that childhood innocence was lost. Watching the show now, I can't help remembering how I felt when I watched it as a kid and it kind of echoes how much in life you learn is not as it seems as you get older.

Very true. It's sort of like now, when I see the actors/actresses I loved as a kid open their big mouths on Twitter or whatever, and they totally destroy my image of them. :D That has happened more than once.

Very true. It's sort of like now, when I see the actors/actresses I loved as a kid open their big mouths on Twitter or whatever, and they totally destroy my image of them. :D That has happened more than once.

I have a strict policy to do everything I can not to hear anything any actor says - especially about politics - so that I can just enjoy them on the screen and not have the echoing of the stupid things many (not all) of them say in my head when I see them on the screen again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken