Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Gosford Park just popped up on my Netflix cue and I have to say it was an amazing film. I truly loved every minute of it and what a great bevy of actors!

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
It has great atmosphere. The Shooting Party with James Mason and Edward Fox is also an excellent film to watch if you are in the mood for more tweed and double guns.

H.Herdick

Familiar Face
Yesterday evening:

Indochine F 1992 from Régis Wargnier with Catherine Deneuve, Vincent Perez and Linh Dan Pham.

I don't know for how many times I watched the film, but it still is IMHO a very beautiful film.

A Ducking They Did Go:
A-Ducking-They-Did-Go-(1939)-picture-MOV_12ab660c_b.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Warhorse - much better than I had anticipated, and, indeed, shockingly good for a Spielberg (I simply don't rate him at all). Devoid of the very worst of his trademark schmaltz. It does bring to life how surreal much of the Great War was - from the British cavalry charging on horseback with swords as if it was still Napoleon they faced, to the senseless, stupid and brutal idiocy of trench warfare. I had intended to see the stage show first, but this was on Finnair's selection on the Helsinki-Beijing flight last night, so...

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The other night Do Detectives Think?, and tonight, Putting Pants on Phillip, with Stan and Ollie; both are silent shorts from about 1928 or so. The second one was "supervised" by Leo McCarey and photographed by George Stevens, who would both go on to direct. In one long shot I thought I recognized Signal Hill dotted with oil wells.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Dark Shadows. And I loved it. It bridged a gap from my childhood memory of the series and the adult memory of the series when I was watching it on TV Land several years back. I like how they kept it open ended just in case they wanted to do another one.

Cheers!

Dan

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael