Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Edward

Bartender
Oh, to be sure. I'll be ok of they don't do a sequel, this one satisfied me enough. Like you said, it needs a continuing story. Of course there was plenty of source material from the series to pull from and now two new enemies to work with.

Cheers!

Dan

Surprisingly, I hear it hasn't done so well at the box office. I'm mystified by that... unless people believe the critics who (for whatever reasons of their own) chose to slate it.

Edward

Bartender
Oh, to be sure. I'll be ok of they don't do a sequel, this one satisfied me enough. Like you said, it needs a continuing story. Of course there was plenty of source material from the series to pull from and now two new enemies to work with.

Cheers!

Dan

Surprisingly, I hear it hasn't done so well at the box office. I'm mystified by that... unless people believe the critics who (for whatever reasons of their own) chose to slate it.

Watched RED last night - that's a lot of fun. Currently, Cocktail is on HBO Asia. It's actually much better than I remembered..... or maybe the jetlag is still hitting hard? ;)

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I liked This Gun for Hire, but have not seen Appointment with Danger. It is good to see you posting again C-dot. I hope all has been well with you.

Kirk H.

Thanks Kirk, its good to be back! :)

If you liked This Gun for Hire you'll definitely like Appointment with Danger as well. I enjoyed the juxtaposition of hardboiled postal inspector Ladd with a nun.

JAVIER

Practically Family
Wyatt Earp's Revenge
jm5Jw21T4UmCHzlMDQlxjRuofv2.jpg

Loved the line "the hat stays with me, SIR!"

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
The Roomate - a Single White Female derivative. Nothing new, but entertaining. Iron Man 2 again, currently Starsky and Hutch. Watching the latter two for the nth time, on HBO Asia in my hotel. Might stick a DVD on the laptop later.

Edward

Bartender
The man who wasn't there with Billy Bob Thornton, nowhere near as good as O Brother where are't thou but great 'film noir' IMHO.

I loved that. Saw it in the cinema with my brother and a couple of other folks. Little brother still scowls and rolls his eyes when it gets mentioned. Of course, he liked the Star Wars prequels, and therefore has no valid opinion when it comes to cinema.

I kid, I kid.

Well, no. Not really. ;)

HBO Asia again last night, a mixed bag as usual. Never Say Never Again - I'd forgotten how much fun that one was. Connery sending up Bond when Eon were still taking it sort of seriously. Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - Costner's accent is still awful, and that Bryan Adams song excruciating, but it's very much Alan Rickman's film anyhow. Your Highness: Princess Bride with added knob gags, and just enough puerility to be fun without going ott. Dumb fun.

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
Last night..."Catch Me If You Can" with Tom Hanks and Leonardo DiCaprio...Christopher Walken wears a great 2" brim Fedora....any ideas what it was?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe