Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Feraud

Bartender
Terror on a Train, a.k.a. Time Bomb with Glenn Ford from '53.
A mediocre drama about a terrorist who plants a bomb on a train full of sea mines. Glenn Ford is brought in to locate and defuse the bomb before it destroys a town. Apparenly in wartime England there were no local sappers to do the job.. Ford was his usual cool/wooden self, the supporting English casting was good.
We never found out the who exactly planted the bomb or why. The trite ending with Ford walking off with his wife is glaringly undermined by the fact that these two couldn't stand each other and his wife leaves him at the beginning of the film for fun and frolicking in France! The bomb scare prevented her from catching a train or cab to the nearest airport.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
There was a remake?? Original was great :)

I think it was The Truth About Charlie with Mark Wahlberg and Thandie Newton:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0270707/

I didn't bother watching this as the original is perfect and how can you improve on that?

I just noticed that Thandie Newton's character is called Regina Lambert when Audrey's character was called Regina Lampert but this is always spelled incorrectly on DVD boxes of Charade for some reason.....

Last edited:

djd

Practically Family
Mark Wahlberg is certainly NOT Cary Grant! Sounds like a desperate idea. It's one of my favourite CG films after North By North West and To Catch a Thief

m0nk

One Too Many
I think it was The Truth About Charlie with Mark Wahlberg and Thandie Newton:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0270707/

I didn't bother watching this as the original is perfect and how can you improve on that?

I just noticed that Thandie Newton's character is called Regina Lambert when Audrey's character was called Regina Lampert but this is always spelled incorrectly on DVD boxes of Charade for some reason.....
Yeah, there were other inconsistencies as well, such as The Truth About Charlie was done as a weird, neo-noir style drama and the original was more of a dramatic-comedy. It was also missing all of the chemistry that Grant and Hepburn had in Charade.

lol What? Why, I never would have known you didn't speak Spanish. ;)

Well, I can if my life depended on it. :p

Last night was:

I almost forgot about Dorothy--until this movie. :p
220px-My_Favorite_Brunette.jpg

Dan Rodemsky

One of the Regulars
Transatlantic Tunnel from 1935. Crap plot, wooden acting but fun futuristic technology. Videophones and cars with the fenders integrated into the bodywork. I think I would avoid the radium drill though. On a happier note, Young and Innocent from 1937 really shows the genius of Hitchcock. I started watching Strange Bedfellows. Knowing what we do about Rock Hudson it is even funnier than when it was new! "No more gay married bachelor" got me laughing!

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Had a long plane ride the past week and watched several:

Inglourious Basterds: Or should I call it The Inglourious Reservoir Pulp Kill Basterds what a stupid movie. Some pockets of good (Waltz, Kruger, Fassbender, Dielh, and Laurent) there when the Basterds were not on screen, but Tarantino has never shown himself to be more than a one trick pony that simply remakes the same movie... Time to put him on the shelf with Shyamalan.

The Help: nicely done, Viola Davis, Bryce Dallas Howard and Jessica Chastain were wonderful in their roles, but Emma Stone's modern hair and clothes in the movie bothered me..

Gran Torino: Eastwood has been hit and miss in his directing, but this one was very nicely done.

The Hurt Locker: well made, intense, but like most of Bigalow's films not sure I'd want to watch it again...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe