Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Derek Cavin

One of the Regulars
This Land is Mine. My first movie to see starring Charles Laughton. While I enjoyed the movie, I couldn't tell if he took the role seriously or not. It seemed like he was stifiling a laugh the whole time. Maureen O'Hara was beautiful.

Philip Adams

One of the Regulars
I saw Peter O'Toole in 'Murphy's War' (1971) the other day and really wish I hadn't.

It terms of lack of plot credibility it's up there with 'Spy Kids', 'Home Alone' and the truly pathetic 'Iron Eagle'.

The main character teaches himself to fly one day, becomes a precision bomber the next and is so skilled he navigates a work barge (something that's not even a proper boat) out of the way of a torpedo the following day.

He was rude and obnoxious so everyone naturally liked him and did what he said even though it could endanger their lives and/or property. Then of course the female lead, to whom he was incredibly rude and ungrateful, developed feelings for him.

With such unbelievable skills (that possibly extended to mind control) I'm deeply disappointed he didn't do something equally astounding like solving Fermat's Last Theorem whilst lying in bed for a few hours.

It was as much as I could do to stop myself throwing something at the television. :mad:

Steve

Practically Family
Recently watched Powell and Pressburger's Black Narcissus.

I'm a huge fan of Powell and Pressburger, but this was the first time that I had seen this one. I loved it.

Connery

One Too Many
Lone Wolf McQuade" Chuck Norris, Barbara Carrera, David Carradine

1.jpg

cw3pa

A-List Customer
A couple of William Powell movies; Jewel Robery with Kay Francis, & after an intermission (already seen The Kennel Murder Case) The Ex-Mrs. Bradford with Jean Arthur.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe