Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Tommy

One of the Regulars
Stand-In (1937) Leslie Howard, Joan Blondell, Humphrey Bogart. A stoic NY banker goes to Hollywood to save studio, and wins girl as well. A half comedic, half dramatic effort, I'd give it 6.5 out of 10. I thought the ending was lame.

Philip Adams

One of the Regulars
Ronin
Robert Deniro and Jean Reno are excellent together and great chase sequences, John Frankenheimer did it better than anyone and they were far more believable than the fake junk set up these days.

Agree with you 100% WH1. There's something really gripping about the movie, particularly the first half.

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
The same is true for the Marx Brothers and the Three Stooges too though. It is a mystery.

I'm a woman and I love the Stooges and Abbott and Costello. Grew up watching all them! (Can you tell my family is into classic slapstick?) I remember during Christmas week in school getting to watch the Stooges and most of my classmates being bored throughout...a shame. :(

The first Abbott and Costello movie I ever watched was "Jack and the Beanstalk." The scene where Jack was dancing with the girl in the giant's house always made me chuckle.

[video=youtube_share;-t4ZAkj8WnE]http://youtu.be/-t4ZAkj8WnE[/video]

I'm a woman and I love the Stooges and Abbott and Costello. Grew up watching all them! (Can you tell my family is into classic slapstick?) I remember during Christmas week in school getting to watch the Stooges and most of my classmates being bored throughout...a shame. :(

The first Abbott and Costello movie I ever watched was "Jack and the Beanstalk." The scene where Jack was dancing with the girl in the giant's house always made me chuckle.

[video=youtube_share;-t4ZAkj8WnE]http://youtu.be/-t4ZAkj8WnE[/video]

Well, you are here so you have far more descriminating tastes. :D

My son loves that scene. I fear nothing......

the-jade-mask-1945.jpg

Derek Cavin

One of the Regulars
The Body Snatcher. Boris Karloff and (a small part) Bela Legosi. A bit after Halloween, but enjoyable. DirecTv had Bela Legosi as the second actor's name, but he had a small part in the whole thing.

Tommy

One of the Regulars
Larceny Inc - 1942, Edward G Robinson, Jane Wyman, Broderick Crawford, Anthony Quinn, Jack Carson. 3 ex cons run a luggage store next to a bank, in the hopes of tunneling into the bank vault, but are distracted by the success of their luggage trade. Classic Edward G Robinson vehicle.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe