Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Happy Thanksgiving Charlie Brown

I've never outgrown the Peanuts and now me and my son both sit there laughing, priceless indeed.

I haven't either. I have most of the holiday ones. When I first got them, it amazed me how much was cut out for commercials...I mean time allotment...when they ran on tv. The Christmas special will always be my favorite.

Dan'l

Practically Family
I haven't either. I have most of the holiday ones. When I first got them, it amazed me how much was cut out for commercials...I mean time allotment...when they ran on tv. The Christmas special will always be my favorite.

I was just talking last night, after it was over of course, about how fast, or short, they seem without commercials. I have the box set with the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas specials. Each one also has an additional program. After the Thanksgiving special there's the Mayflower history lesson ala Peanuts style.
I was born on Halloween so I've always favored that special.

WH1

Practically Family
Ronin
Robert Deniro and Jean Reno are excellent together and great chase sequences, John Frankenheimer did it better than anyone and they were far more believable than the fake junk set up these days.

Jimmy Chan: Watch out, Pop, he's oily and slippery.
Charlie Chan: Slippery man sometimes slip in own oil.
513AGNTWPDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

WH1

Practically Family
Best bits in Buck Privates are "the clubhouse", the Andrews Sister performances particularly the bugle boy sequence, and the weapons drill. Bud was one of a kind and he was "a bad boy" line always cracks me up!

Best bits in Buck Privates are "the clubhouse", the Andrews Sister performances particularly the bugle boy sequence, and the weapons drill. Bud was one of a kind and he was "a bad boy" line always cracks me up!

[video=youtube_share;f1EH96nCoTc]http://youtu.be/f1EH96nCoTc[/video]
They used much of the top notch talent from that age in their movies. Remember "Is Everybody Happy?" :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe