Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Red River (1948).

Has anyone ever seen a John Wayne film where he wasn't calm? I mean, I've seen him play angry, but he never played 'freaked out' at all.

basbol13

A-List Customer
Red River (1948).

Has anyone ever seen a John Wayne film where he wasn't calm? I mean, I've seen him play angry, but he never played 'freaked out' at all.

NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High Noon

Gary Cooper another marble statue when facing men, animals or mother in laws (the last can be pretty fearful)

NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High Noon

Gary Cooper another marble statue when facing men, animals or mother in laws (the last can be pretty fearful)

"High Noon" is quality movie making at its best. Could not have cost a lot to make, but they used conflicted characters to tell a story with a moral without being preaching - not easy to do.

basbol13

A-List Customer
"High Noon" is quality movie making at its best. Could not have cost a lot to make, but they used conflicted characters to tell a story with a moral without being preaching - not easy to do.

Relatively speaking it's a cheapie considering the actors and production team. But then again Coop was "51" and nearing the end of his career. It cost $730,000 and grossed $12,000,000 compared to "Quo Vadis?" which cost $7,623,000 and grossed $21,000,000 speaks volumes to Gary Cooper's draw.

Yesterday, I finally watched "The Imitation Game," it's been a long time since I've enjoyed a new movie. The time shifting between the three phases of Turning's life made sense and helped provide insight into his life and challenges, the acting was solid, the sets and clothes beautiful and the movie flowed comfortably - they don't make enough movies like this anymore.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday, I finally watched "The Imitation Game," it's been a long time since I've enjoyed a new movie. The time shifting between the three phases of Turning's life made sense and helped provide insight into his life and challenges, the acting was solid, the sets and clothes beautiful and the movie flowed comfortably - they don't make enough movies like this anymore.

It was really well done, and Cumberbatch played the role brilliantly.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Red River (1948).

My favorite western of all time. When Montgomery Clift knocks Wayne on his pompous arse you could hear me screaming all the way to Japan!

"Ah'm gonna kill ya Matt!"

He was almost as manic in "The Searchers" but I can't stomach the xenophobia in that one at all.

Worf

Big J

Call Me a Cab
My favorite western of all time. When Montgomery Clift knocks Wayne on his pompous arse you could hear me screaming all the way to Japan!

"Ah'm gonna kill a Matt!"

He was almost as manic in "The Searchers" but I can't stomach the xenophobia in that one at all.

Worf

lol!
The Searchers is up for today. I've never seen it.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Shorts. (2009) Jon Cryer. Nice to see him doing something other then Two & Half Men. The movie was purposely disjointed, since it was narrated by a kid. Still, I have seen much worse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe