Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

basbol13

A-List Customer
lol
I love that film! The old guy is so funny! We watch that film every Christmas Eve, late at night after the kids have gone to bed. It makes me laugh so much.
But the story around the film is so sad. Whatever you may think of Polanski, having your pregnant wife murdered by the Manson family psychos is a hell of a thing to come to terms with. How can anyone have misinterpreted Helter Skelter so badly and NOT be instantly recognizable as a nutter is beyond me (@_@)
Polanski made a really good psychological thriller/horror about a woman living in an apartment, but I can't remember the name.

The movie you"re trying to remember is "Repulsion" (1965) starring Catherine Deneuve and Ian Hendry I saw it at the Cinema when it was first released. I especially liked the way time was kept by how the meal was rotting. Very ingenious. Also it's sad that some psychopath can take a song about kid's ride and turn it into a reason to murder.
Also, the Manson Cult took over Brian Wilson's (Beach Boy) home and tormented him until they finally left it. I believe right after the murders.

Last edited:
...Also, the Manson Cult took over Brian Wilson's (Beach Boy) home and tormented him until they finally left it. I believe right after the murders.
It was Dennis Wilson, not Brian. Long story short, he and Manson developed a friendship of sorts, but had a serious falling out when Manson threatened Wilson's children. By that time about a dozen members of Manson's "family" were living in Wilson's house and Wilson, realizing how unstable Manson was, chose to move out. This occurred less than a year before the Tate/LaBianca murders.

It was Dennis Wilson, not Brian. Long story short, he and Manson developed a friendship of sorts, but had a serious falling out when Manson threatened Wilson's children. By that time about a dozen members of Manson's "family" were living in Wilson's house and Wilson, realizing how unstable Manson was, chose to move out. This occurred less than a year before the Tate/LaBianca murders.

I would have moved out too. When your house is invaded by rat h.i.p.p.i.e.s. You MOVE. :doh:

Or exterminate.
:D

I could take care of the problem :laser:
15_8_219.gif

Sounds like a nice plot for a Pre-Apocalyptic novel where mankind is saved from imminent disaster by a lone clubman who meets up with a man with a sock full of soap. They arrive just in time to rid/wash the world of a perpetual stink.

It couldn't be any worse than the third Sharknado movie coming out. Then again, I would rather have a Sharknado rather than a H.i.p.p.i.enado! Oh the humanity! PU!:p

basbol13

A-List Customer

Thanks just knew it was a beach boy but was not quite certain of circumstances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld