Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

cw3pa

A-List Customer
"The Hospital" (1971) with George C. Scott & Diana Rigg. The screenplay was written by Paddy Chayefsky. It's easy to relate to the burned out Dr. Bock if you've ever had to deal with a large bureacracy.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Watched "November Man" on the plane over here which was very enjoyable and "The Maze Runner" which was ****. Joys of being stuck on planes for 27 hours.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Interesting question. Not a prophet but certainly a warrior without honor in his own land. I'm just surprised Max survived the war.

Worf

Hitler tried to get Max killed, sent him on some really bad missions. After the war, many American servicemen wanted to kill him, since they thought he was a devout NAZI, not knowing about all his Jewish friends. They also didn't know, for his anti NAZI leanings, Hitler declared him a "non person," the biggest punishment next to the concentration camps. Dr. Hugo Eckener of Zeppelin fame was another one, for not letting the "house painter" use one of his hangers. Brave men!

Last edited:
Thanks dh. I did my best with the free booze but travelling with 2 little ones I couldn't really let loose ;)

I understand completely, and having done that, you have my deepest sympathies.
Saw 'Pee Wee's Big Adventure' last night, with the little ones in my house.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We are having a very successful run of "Theory of Everything," a somewhat sanitized biopic on Stephen Hawking. Nits can be picked about it, but the scene of Hawking roaring around the living room in his wheelchair pretending to be a Dalek got the biggest laugh of anything we've shown this year. A real crowd pleaser.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Snowpiercer" - Solid B - An interesting movie that surprised me at EVERY turn. Just when you thought it was heading in one predictable direction it would suddenly take a twist and not just for twists sake either. I did not read the Graphic Novels on which it was based but I think I will now. Welll done.

Worf

We are having a very successful run of "Theory of Everything," a somewhat sanitized biopic on Stephen Hawking. Nits can be picked about it, but the scene of Hawking roaring around the living room in his wheelchair pretending to be a Dalek got the biggest laugh of anything we've shown this year. A real crowd pleaser.

I can see it now: Exterminate! Exterminmate! Exterminate! :p

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab

"Somewhat sanitized" is right. Don't want to play plot spoiler, but I got the feeling that the Legal Department was worried about a defamation suit in regard one specific aspect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82