Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Side Street, from 1950 with Farley Granger. Directed by Anthony Mann. Great set-ups and tight story-telling. Struggling guy with kid on the way makes a play for some easy cash and ends up with both the NYPD and a brutal thug on his trail. Very well done~

Loved that movie. Clifton Webb's impassioned speech at the end always gits. Something about the persuavive powers of a man weilding a shotgun.....

Worf

I love Clifton Webb’s wardrobe in that movie as well. He might have looked the dandy but it looked perfect. Did I mention Gene Tierney? :p

That double barrel exposed hammer shotgun would well have done the job. It did on the first broad. :p

Haven't seen "Laura" in a long time (and now want to), but if memory serves, the theme song is haunting and the rest of the movie is really, really well done. Clifton Webb is almost always outstanding: We don't have actors of his type - atypical, but powerful, not pretty boys, but able to carry a scene or movie and hold their own with a beautiful co-star - anymore.

Haven't seen "Laura" in a long time (and now want to), but if memory serves, the theme song is haunting and the rest of the movie is really, really well done. Clifton Webb is almost always outstanding: We don't have actors of his type - atypical, but powerful, not pretty boys, but able to carry a scene or movie and hold their own with a beautiful co-star - anymore.

No, the male stars now think they are the beautiful costar. :rolleyes: I am hard pressed today to think of one contemporary actor who exudes a manly air. They all look like they have to stop and get their hair fluffed often and would cry if you got their latte order wrong. :doh:
I really felt for Alan Ladd but then when Laura walked in on him it changed the whole mood. :D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
One of my favorites Mae.
According to IMDB trivia section, they had to tape his eyelids open, so he wouldn't blink when he shot the gun. You can still se him trying though.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The regular one is just fine.
The Rifftrax guys point out things that aren't as obvious to people like my inlaws, although my mil did see that there were at least 3 Bela Lugosi's in the movie. Along with the cardboard airplane controls, and the "the passengers are all asleep" despite it being daylight in the cockpit and in the footage of the plane flying. :D
Criswell....what else needs to be said?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe