Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Who would have thunk it, mass murder can be funny! 24 dead men?

Arsenic & Old Lace, what a hoot.
Dr. Einstein: You got twelve, they got twelve. Jonathan Brewster: I've got thirteen! Dr. Einstein: No, Johnny, twelve — don't brag. Jonathan: Thirteen! There's Mr. Spinalzo and the first one in London, two in Johannesburg, one in Sydney, one in Melbourne, two in San Francisco, one in Phoenix, Arizona... Dr. Einstein: Phoenix? Jonathan: The filling station... Dr. Einstein: Filling station? Oh! [Dr. Einstein draws a finger across his throat] Dr. Einstein: Yes. Jonathan: Then three in Chicago and one in South Bend. Dr. Einstein: You cannot count the one in South Bend. He died of pneumonia! Jonathan: He wouldn't have died of pneumonia if I hadn't shot him! Dr. Einstein: No, no, Johnny. You cannot count him. You got twelve, they got twelve. The old ladies is just as good as you are!

Edward

Bartender
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Inevitably the book is better, but this screen adaptation is great fun. The vampires are beautifully realised on screen.

Lord Brett

New in Town
Der Frosche Mit Der Maske, a 1959 German crime thriller based on an Edgar Wallace story which was known in English as The Fellowship of the Frog. Marvellous fun with the sort of lovely chiaroscuro photography Hollywood had stopped doing by then.

JWS34

New in Town
On Sunday I watched A Very Long Engagement and was somewhat surprised by it. Sunday evening I started from the Earth to the Moon. It has been a few years but enjoy it alot.

Red Diabla

One of the Regulars
I just came out of Brave, it was a very charming movie, but a little on the simple side for Pixar, however, the pixar short before the film, La Luna, was absolutely brilliant and lovely.

I thought Brave was the best Disney princess movie that Disney will never make. It's a film where if Disney hadn't gotten sidetracked with snarky and sarcastic side characters who throw in dated comedy (I blame Robin Williams in Aladdin for starting that craze), they would have eventually done something like Brave. In other words, it's a Disney film that Pixar made. The animation and technical mastery of the characters' hair and clothes were incredible, but the story was very, very Disney.

I didn't really care about La Luna. It was pretty and charming, but not up to par with other Pixar shorts I've seen in the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deuter