Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Mmnph. Saw that once. It made me root for the Nazis.

Good point, I've never seen anything about a remake either. Maybe in part it was the timing... It was released in 2000, only about a year after the Columbine High School massacre.

SPEW!!!! Waste of a good cup of coffee. Your first comment is sooooo wrong... but verrrrrry funny!! LOL! On your second take. Good point, didn't put it in context with what was happening here at the time. A film of High Schoolers killing each other in grisly ways might not have been good for business.

Worf

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
...aaaannnd on Saturday we saw John Carter in Imax 3D. Liked the movie, lotsa fun. Pleased with the 3D effects, almost no shots of something rushing out at you from the screen; used very adroitly to create the illusion of depth.

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
Last night one of my boys (one of our 7 year old triplets) cut his toe and needed a few stitches.... He woke up in the middle of the night, couldn't fall asleep and wanted to watch a movie with dad.... I asked him what he wanted to watch and he answered, "The one with Polly Perkins and Joe... 90206". Which for those unfamiliar, is characters and a line mentioning an "emergency protocol" in the movie Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

Very cute and such a trooper... Now I'll always remember that movie!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Finally, finally, finally saw My Man Godfrey, with my main man William Powell and the wonderful Carole Lombarde.
Great film, crackling dialogue and some of the finest character actors available at the time. Good movie. Not quite a "stop and drop" but close. "Stop and drop" is a term I made up for films that, if they're on when you pass the tube, are so compelling that you stop what you're doing and drop down in the seat. Or stand there with your car keys in your hands and wind up late for something.

Worf

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I have tuned into the middle of Godfrey so many times, and switched away because I wanted to see it from the beginning. Well worth it. Tho I must say, I think Powell, much as I adore him, was a little old for the part. I can well imagine a 20 something being suicidally depressed after a fractured romance, but not a man in his 40's.
I must say, I really liked Gail Patrick as the mean sister, and the redoubtable Eugene Pallette as the father.

I think I'll go fo a Bulldog Drummond movie or two tonight. :D
poster.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe