Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
I would have to add..

I believe Tom Hanks should also be added to that list of "The Regular Joes"...:eusa_clap

Though I don't believe Mr. Hanks is the same caliber as Mr. Ford, Mr. Ford has that "calm before the storm" and "anger hidden beneath the surface" thing working for him.... While Mr. Hanks can portray vulnerable, weak and also humerous without loosing his dignity.

Mr. Hanks is without a doubt, the Jimmie Stewart of our time.

JMO[huh]

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In both Vertigo and Rear Window, James Stewart portrayed a self-centered man, possibly a cad bordering on jerk so well you didn't even realize that's what he was. ;) I have heard of other people not liking James Stewart before, too.
Last movie I saw was Return of the Silver Surfer. My guy friend who has Netflix and enjoys my company likes this type of movie. We liked the shirtless scene, a lot.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Impromptu (1991): Based on story of the romance between George Sand (sort of a tomboy played by Judy Davis) and Frederic Chopin (Hugh Grant). It was mildly entertaining. I thought Judy Davis look very sexy wearing period (1830s) mens clothes.

CdnDandy

Familiar Face
Guys and Dolls (1955). Really enjoyed Stubby Kaye as Nicely-Nicely Johnson.

Nicely Nicely Johnson: Nicely, nicely.
Sky Masterson: I didn't ask how you are.
Nicely Nicely Johnson: Don't.

Cracker

One of the Regulars
I've been on a Merchant Ivory/British Imperialism/Anglophile period movie kick lately. In the last two weeks or so, it's been:

Out of Africa
The English Patient
Howards End
Mrs. Brown
The Libertine
Gandhi
Elizabeth (last night)

Jovan

Suspended
BegintheBeguine said:
In both Vertigo and Rear Window, James Stewart portrayed a self-centered man, possibly a cad bordering on jerk so well you didn't even realize that's what he was. ;) I have heard of other people not liking James Stewart before, too.
Last movie I saw was Return of the Silver Surfer. My guy friend who has Netflix and enjoys my company likes this type of movie. We liked the shirtless scene, a lot.
Did you mean Rise of the Silver Surfer?

James Stewart has also played some likable guys. You Can't Take it With You, for example. If you don't like the person for their roles, well, I don't know what to say. But I personally find Bogart a bit overrated, despite his differing characters.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Jovan said:
Did you mean Rise of the Silver Surfer?

James Stewart has also played some likable guys. You Can't Take it With You, for example. If you don't like the person for their roles, well, I don't know what to say. But I personally find Bogart a bit overrated, despite his differing characters.

Agreed about Bogart. What about Danny Kaye? Nobody really mentions him and I think he was really talented and under rated.

Last movie I saw (if this counts) is the Are you Afraid of the Dark Season 1. I like watching shows and movies from when I was a kid.

vonwotan

Practically Family
The Secret Agent based on the Conrad novel. It has been quite some time since we read Conrad so I can't say much about the adaptation. I did however, enjoy the movie.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I'm planning to see Atonement tomorrow. I'm Not There is playing at the same theater. I despise Dylan but I love Todd Haynes and friends have raved about how wonderful Cate Blanchett is so I may be swayed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82