Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What men think of women's hairdo's

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
52Styleline said:
Every woman I have been seriously involved with in my long life has been visibly a brunette.

A good share of the blondes and redheads are really brunettes anyway. :D

lol And some natural blondes go brunette or red.....so you never really know unless you ask the person.

pgoat

One Too Many
Spitfire said:
Living in Scandinavia, you see too many blondes. They are everywhere with their long straight hair swinging. (Booooooring!)

I have this thing about necks...so when I see a shortcut hairdo, showing a beautifull neck, I can not help but turn my head.
Maybe thats why I love the movie "Amelie from Montmatre" so much.

I also have another chrush on pale skinned, freckeled, redhaired women.:)
Love it!!!!!
L1010023.jpg

And natural curls!!!!
The love of my life has the most gorgeous greyish, salt&pebber, dark (after she stopped using colour to keep away the grey) - (natural) curly hair, and I am still trying to convince her, that it would look even better if cut short (in the neck)

That's a nice pic!

There is a woman - I WILL find her name and follow up here - she has done tons of tv and print ads. She has longish gray hair , could be anywhere from 35 to 60 and she is HOTT!!:eusa_doh: She clearly gets all the work due to her super wide range of age appeal but the bottom line is she is a very 'natural' looking and very very beautiful.

meanwhile, interesting article here:
http://i.abcnews.com/GMA/TurningPoints/story?id=3587625&page=1

pgoat

One Too Many
I'm sure many here will recognize her - she has gotten TONS of work in the last four or five years - doubtless because she is the perfect poster gal for ageless natural beauty.

My wife freaks about the occasional appearance of a grey hair. I tell her 'you have nothing to worry about!':)

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Diamondback said:
Or unless their last dye-job missed the roots...:D

Very true. I think it's crazy that some people even have colored contacts for their eyes, so even real eye color is a mystery at times. I feel bad for guys because most don't know what they're getting....especially out in the LA area. Or am I wrong?

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
RetroBabydoll said:
lol And some natural blondes go brunette or red.....so you never really know unless you ask the person.

You are right. People always assume I am a natural redhead because my skin is so fair, I guess. In fact, that is part of the reason I won't be blonde anymore... I am way too washed out. My husband isn't a fan of blondes, anyway. I think a reason men on here might not prefer blondes generally is because blonde is such a modern 'ideal'. Kind of a Pam Anderson/Hefner girlfriend thing...?

Now, I am surprised some guys aren't speaking up for blondes. All you have to do is think of Lana Turner, Betty Grable, Jean Harlow, Marilyn...etc.

GeniusInTheLamp

One of the Regulars
Miss Brill said:
Sounds like America--for most of the 2000s, women have been ironing their hair straight & I get so tired of looking at it. It is either pin-straight, or permed to look like ramen noodles. [huh]

I see I'm in good company here. :eusa_clap Count me in as another one of those who is tired of flat, boring hair.

:eek:fftopic: My 100th post!! :eek:fftopic:

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
NoirDame said:
You are right. People always assume I am a natural redhead because my skin is so fair, I guess. In fact, that is part of the reason I won't be blonde anymore... I am way too washed out. My husband isn't a fan of blondes, anyway. I think a reason men on here might not prefer blondes generally is because blonde is such a modern 'ideal'. Kind of a Pam Anderson/Hefner girlfriend thing...?

Now, I am surprised some guys aren't speaking up for blondes. All you have to do is think of Lana Turner, Betty Grable, Jean Harlow, Marilyn...etc.

Good point, but I do admit that red hair is a fiery color that stimulates the eyes....so I would think it's more appealing to men.

My boyfriend said (the other day) he likes my hair long and blonde because I look more like a pixie or an elf which he likes. Strange. He is into Lord of the Rings and likes Tinkerbell. lol

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Estrogen

Well, the real issue lurking beneath the surface here is that men are attracted to women whose hair looks like it is loaded with estrogen. Hair, complexion, etc., give subliminal signals about a woman's estrogen level, and that of course means that the DNA are sending each other little "come hither" signals. Hair that has nice body and sheen indicates health. Color is fun, but it's the basic instincts that are really calling the tune.
As far as my personal tastes are concerned, I, like most red blooded men, LOVE red heads! But I also love blondes (oy the whiplash I've suffered over the years from going "Wowzer!" over blondes). But who doesn't love a deep brunette, too?
But the fact is a woman can look stunning with gray as well (as noted above).
My girlfriend experienced the same curly effect when her hair grew back after chemo, and it's just now starting to straighten out. She's another one of those women who's lucky enough to have beautiful gray hair, so no complaints here. My favorite? Of course, gray!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
pgoat said:
Her name is Yasmina Rossi and she is apparently a Ford model - and hella hot imho.

http://web.mac.com/yasminarossi/iWeb/Yasmina Rossi /Portfolio.html

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSCN2434.jpg

mix3.jpg

Image-5F447FBED54111D8.jpg

Who says grey isn't sexy?

BTW, she's 51. Proof that there's life after 40 and then some.

And while we're on the topic of grey hair = Hot.......

Emmylou Harris; hot back in the day:
5big_jul.jpg

and the grey hasn't hurt her any since then:
emmylou2.jpg
I am sure I have seen that model many, many times. I have always loved Emmylou's hair. It looks so healthy.

Story

I'll Lock Up
pgoat said:
BTW, she's 51. Proof that there's life after 40 and then some.
Wachoo talkin' about, Willis?

Rene Russo

Diane Keaton

Linda Gray

Lynda Carter

I'd continue, but the salivating messes up my keyboard.

pgoat

One Too Many
And there we have further proof! You forgot Susan Sarandon, Helen Mirren, Angela Bassett, etc etc etc.

I just meant it was nice to see someone over 40 getting modeling gigs for something other than a Jitterbug cell phone or geriatric medications...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe