Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite red lipstick brand/shade?

Mrs Cleaver

One of the Regulars
Oh they wern't the same as the lipstick queen line,they were just called Poppy King but she did have the saints & sinners range but they had different individual names.Unfortunately for Poppy after some bad business choices she went bust so she left Australia & moved to New York & eventually launched the current range she has now,sorry for being off topic for a minute:eek:

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Anna Sui's lipsticks aren't very good in my opinion, but her lip gloss rocks! And, of course the packaging is amazing! ;) Love her red lip gloss, and her brush and comb sets. Classes up my vanity!

03713568102.jpg

07060468102.jpg

Ta
BD

Sharpsburg

One of the Regulars
As Reading approaches and i don't want to look too stupid, is there a specific lipstick which will be beyond reproach? I have Tangee which i don't really like along with Revlon Certainly Red, Revlon Fabulous Fig, Cover girl Verry Berry or Tangee Red Red. Should lip and nail colors match? Any advice, please. Also, any way to wear red lipstick without looking like you have yellow horse teeth?

Thanks!!!

Mary S.

Thanks!

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
IMO there is no "right" red, it's just the right red for you. That being said, I've seen tons of pics on here where ladies are wearing browner reds, and it makes their teeth flash white. So beautiful! It makes me wish I had the guts to wear all the red lipstick I own in public. Also, I know it was just a recent topic of discussion here as to whether or not lips absolutely had to match nails, and the general consensus, based on vintage resources, is that, no, they don't. One of my personal favorite pics is a gal with great red lips and warm pink nails. Seems like the perfect solution to me... no need to change nail polish when you change lippies to match today's outfit [huh] I'll see if I can find the link.

Here ya go, a couple mismatched pics

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Black Dahlia said:
Anna Sui's lipsticks aren't very good in my opinion, but her lip gloss rocks! And, of course the packaging is amazing! ;) Love her red lip gloss, and her brush and comb sets. Classes up my vanity!

03713568102.jpg

07060468102.jpg

Ta
BD

Her packaging is the best. I'm actually kind of happy that there's no place I can buy her cosmetics in person, because I'd end up buying way too much just for the packaging! (Case in point here!)

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Lusti Weather said:
Her packaging is the best. I'm actually kind of happy that there's no place I can buy her cosmetics in person, because I'd end up buying way too much just for the packaging! (Case in point here!)

The drugstore at the end of my street carries her line *evil* so, I'm always picking up things like the ring, key chain, brush, comb. I bought my aunt this, though in black:

l_p1011911682.jpg

*sighs* such pretty things! ;0
X
BD

MissMinoes

New in Town
My favourite product to buy, beside dresses, is lipstick. So, this is my first post on The Fedora Lounge, and that on my 2nd favourite item :)

My favourite lipsticks are russian red by Mac and, just discovered, drop dead red by Too Faced. The last one is a plum-to-red color, for the day when I'm tired of wearing red.

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
I got a tbe of Mac's Ruby Woo, and I really likke it. I put it on with a light hand so it looks more like a raspberry stain until I get more braver to thicken it up a bit.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
MissMinoes said:
My favourite product to buy, beside dresses, is lipstick. So, this is my first post on The Fedora Lounge, and that on my 2nd favourite item :)

My favourite lipsticks are russian red by Mac and, just discovered, drop dead red by Too Faced. The last one is a plum-to-red color, for the day when I'm tired of wearing red.

I recently bought that Too Faced red lippy too! I like it quite a bit.

Right now, for day wear I'm loving Revlon's Cha Cha Cherry!
200.JPG

X
BD

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Ever since going near platinum blonde, I had to switch from Macs Russian Red and the likes to a softer, more orangey red. Besame Red Hot Red is good, but just got Rimmel Retro Red which is perfect and dead cheap too! It brings so much colour and glow to my face and I love it when I team it with the slightly darker red lip pencil from No7.

Annichen

Familiar Face
This is a bit tragic..my favorite is a lipstick I have been using since ca. 1991.
It is a cheap brand called Tuesdays Girl,it is TRUE RED,have not seen a such perfect red ever since..horrible:(

Claire Voyant

New in Town
Hello gals. This is my first post on the fedora lounge :)

I really love MAC Russian Red but for everyday wear I like to use Covergirl Outlast lip stain in Coy Coral. It's actually a very pretty, bright red and the fact that it comes in marker form makes it very precise and neat. Also, it last for a pretty long time without noticeable fading.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Claire Voyant said:
Hello gals. This is my first post on the fedora lounge :)

I really love MAC Russian Red but for everyday wear I like to use Covergirl Outlast lip stain in Coy Coral. It's actually a very pretty, bright red and the fact that it comes in marker form makes it very precise and neat. Also, it last for a pretty long time without noticeable fading.

Welcome Claire...and I love those lip stains by Covergirl!
X
BD

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
I find them to be very drying and they get this odd tacky feeling. But then I layered my [organic] lip balm over them, and it made all the difference! I'm hooked on whatever the berry shade is :D

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
:eek:fftopic: Has anyone tried (any) of the Wet 'n' Wild Matte lippies that are kinda new? I have heard good things about them, but was wondering if any of you gals have had the chance to try out the red (or any of the colors)?

MissHannah

One Too Many
I've always used Mac's Ruby Woo and was fairly happy with it, however a friend recommended Maybelline's 18 hour Superstay lip colour to me in Red Passion and it's amazing! It actually stays on while eating and drinking!! I have fairly thin lips so a lippy that stays on is essential or I end up with just my lipliner left after a cup of tea! The Superstay feels quite odd when it's on - almost tacky - and it will stick your lips together if you don't speak for 15 minutes, but if you touch it there is no transfer. At the end of the day it is a real bugger to get off - I have to scrub at it with a cosmetic wipe - although my friend assures me that baby oil works a treat. They only do the one shade of red as far as I can tell but it is a true classic red and for a £7 lippy I am bowled over. I'm wearing lipstick far more often now. When I was on holiday in Paris I even wore it all day and then in the evening too, which is literally unheard of for me - I'm usually dying to get it off after a few hours and have feathering and bleeding. So a big thumbs up from me - a must for thinner lipped gals and anyone who has trouble keeping their lipstick on!

Annichen

Familiar Face
MissHannah said:
Maybelline's 18 hour Superstay lip colour to me in Red Passion and it's amazing! It actually stays on while eating and drinking!!

That must be very similar to one I have from L'oreal:

loreal-lip-gloss-red-BFAB-0807-de.jpg

It also stays on forever and ever and ever..
Quite hard to get off actually:eek:

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Annichen said:
That must be very similar to one I have from L'oreal:

loreal-lip-gloss-red-BFAB-0807-de.jpg

It also stays on forever and ever and ever..
Quite hard to get off actually:eek:

I have this one also, an amazing red. But..yes I find it really hard to get off so I rarely wear it! Guess I need to buy some make up remover, or baby oil (as Hannah suggests). *lol*

Annichen

Familiar Face
Black Dahlia said:
I have this one also, an amazing red. But..yes I find it really hard to get off so I rarely wear it! Guess I need to buy some make up remover, or baby oil (as Hannah suggests). *lol*
Hehe,yes,I use coconut sun oil (that I use in my hair for shine..) to remove it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe