Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite red lipstick brand/shade?

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Annichen said:
Hehe,yes,I use coconut sun oil (that I use in my hair for shine..) to remove it lol

Good idea Annichen! :)

I bought two new red lipsticks...yes I'm a makeup hoarder...should take a photo of my cosmectics stash!

Here they are:

NP Set, Madrid (bright red, looks darker in photo):

MadridBrightRedTube.jpg

And Jemma Kidd, classic couture lipstick in Iconic:

jemma+lipstick.jpg

Just tried them both, they are gorgeous! Jemma Kidd on top, NP on bottom.

lippies.jpg

X
BD

Asdf

New in Town
I just bought the new Revlon Colourburst in Crimson... it's quite a blue-ish red shade and I actually really like it already. Personally, I don't think it's too heavy or anything, it seems just about right for me.

200.JPG

And here's a picture of me wearing it... a bit of a blurry photograph, true, but it gets the colour across just fine :)

dsc01226.jpg

Amy
xx

Miss Peach

One of the Regulars
I've taken a look at Cherries in the Snow in store and it looked very pink to me...I am a natural redhead (think the coloring of Mr. Bingley in the new Pride and Prejudice...weird, but just go with it) and just cannot do the pinky colored reds. Is Cherries in the Snow as pink as I imagine? Any other suggestions? I'm usually really good with color but I just can't strike it right with red lipsticks!

Lillemor

One Too Many
I was just looking at Revlon's homepage. It could just be my screen but I'm a little panicked that Cherries In The Snow appears less like a pinky cherry red and more like a fuchshia. I like fuchshia lipstick too but I really hate the thought that CITS has had its formula changed :eek:fftopic: just like every classic fragrance *grump!*:rolleyes: CITS used to be a stable in my make-up wardrobe until I returned to Denmark and discovered that Revlon had been discontinued in Denmark which was enough to make me consider returning to the U.S.;)

OneAndOnly

Familiar Face
first proper post! yay

I have a few favourite lippie shades on the go!

Glam by Face2 which is a pinkie red matte lippie

750 Kiss Me Coral by Revlon which is an orangey shade, perfect for daytime!
200.jpg

710 Penelope Red by L'Oreal which is a gorgeously pigmented red

Cos63_11.jpg

I also use Anne Taintor Forbidden Apple lip balm which has a really nice red tint and cutest of cute retro packaging!

AT_LipBalm_SafeOrSorry.JPG

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
OneAndOnly said:
I have a few favourite lippie shades on the go!

750 Kiss Me Coral by Revlon which is an orangey shade, perfect for daytime!
200.jpg

710 Penelope Red by L'Oreal which is a gorgeously pigmented red

Cos63_11.jpg
Do you have a swatch/photo of you wearing the lippies (specifically the L'Oreal one)? I have been eyeballing that one for awhle now :)

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
bellabella327 said:
Thanks!

It looks like it has a pink hue to it, does it?

It doesn't look like it has a pink hue at all on me, oddly, but you're right it does on this woman. On me..it looks more like it has an orange or brown hue..like blood.

Not very helpful, I know..you have to test it out.

;)
X
BD

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Puzzicato said:
I like Revlon "super lustrous shiny sheer" in Sheer Cherry Pop as a sheer red for summer.

My regular lipstick is MAC Red, which I love, but my favourite was the beautiful, long discontinued Estee Lauder China Red.

I finished my Sheer Cherry Pop, and decided to try the MAC Russian Red lip glass as my new summer red. The colour is excellent - very glossy and gets a lot of positive comments - but unless I wear a lot of lipliner it bleeds very badly. I've never had a lip colour bleed on me before!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Bought two new lippies, from Dianne Brill. Love the packaging, they even have a seam up the back! One is 'red seam' the other 'cuban heel.' :)

X
BD

31NC04Z353L.jpg

lip.lingerie.lipstick.jpg

Also bought some of her powder and eyeshadow, we'll see how it is!

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Oooh, please let us know how the Dianne Brill makeup is! I'm in love with the names and packaging, but have held off on purchasing anything thus far.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Lillemor, I'd not heard of this line either until I found it at a discount store!

As an aside the eyeshadow packaging is so cute!
Dianne+Brill+Eye+Lingerie+Eye+Shadow+4.jpg

Lusti, will do. I tried it on to see how it looks, and it looks really good. The colours are nice and rich..and the lipsticks have a nice scent. Will wear it out soon and report!

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
Lillemor said:
I was just looking at Revlon's homepage. It could just be my screen but I'm a little panicked that Cherries In The Snow appears less like a pinky cherry red and more like a fuchshia. I like fuchshia lipstick too but I really hate the thought that CITS has had its formula changed :eek:fftopic: just like every classic fragrance *grump!*:rolleyes: CITS used to be a stable in my make-up wardrobe until I returned to Denmark and discovered that Revlon had been discontinued in Denmark which was enough to make me consider returning to the U.S.;)

I bought a back -up just in case they have changed it- it's my all time non red lippie- with MAC's Ruby Woo as my favourite red one. I'm gonna compare it to my old CITS to see how it looks.

Heather

Practically Family
Up until now, I've been a pretty exclusive mac girl. For reds, I have dubonnet, lady bug, Russian red and lady danger (weird, some days it looks more orange on me and other days it looks red). I recently got some besame samples. I'm really impressed by the way they feel and how long they last! I have velvet red, besame red, red hot red & cherry red. Only problem is I can't decide which one(s) I like the best! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe